Chapter 1

345 hours before...

11:00 PM

The wind swept around her creepily, as she walked through the dark night on the deserted cracked sidewalks of the alleyway. Humming a tune of sorrow, she kicked at a pebble on the ground as she looked up to the greying sky.

With no where left to go, she decided wandering the streets was better than sleeping on them. 

On the bright side, she has a major case of insomnia so she won't be getting tired any time soon, she figured.

Jesus Christ, work tomorrow was going to be a pain in the ass, but she needs to round up enough money to at least stay at a motel for a few nights.

Sighing at her stupidity for trusting her money with her crackhead of a father, she picked up an empty beer bottle beside her foot and threw it at the brick building across, screaming with all her pent up rage and frustration.

Yelling, "How fucking dare you, you bastard! You knew that was all I had! And you dare kick me out? You fucking dare buy more crack with MY money? I trusted you! You were supposed to be there for me, someone I could confide in! Why turn your back on me now!? Huh?! Do I mean nothing to you?! You planted your fucking seed in my mother, yet you can't take responsibility for your damn pleasure! Was she a good fuck, did that whore make you fucking happy!?" As if he were right in front of her, as if he could hear her confrontation with the wind that was meant specifically for him.

Pulling on the strands of her hair, she wiped at the perspiration that built on her neck and forehead during her tirade. With a crazed look on her face she paced and whispered utterly defeated, "Am I this worthless..."

Resting her body weight against the chipping, dirty brick wall as if it were helping her carry the weight of her worries; helping her from letting it topple and collapsing over, like a house put to flames. She closed her eyes, inhaling and exhaling calming the demon waging to take over and commit chaos.

Sneaking a hand into her pocket, she retrieved the Xanax bar. Looking at it with little to no resistance, she resisted the urge to burst into sobs. Ashamed of her addiction, she bows her head for she is no different from her father. At the thought of him, her anger gathers. Throwing caution to the wind, she washes down the bar freely. A few seconds pass and she begins to feel the serenity that comes with the poison.

Anxiety put on hold as she sits on the crummy contaminated concrete sidewalk, letting the pill fully kick in. She's unaware that someone has been watching her. Hidden beneath the shadows, listening in like an owl in the night; hunting his prey with precision.

He shutters with desire as he sees her in destruction. Her pain brings him such pleasure that pulses through his veins, hitting the right nerves. He traces his bottom lip with his leather glove covered hand, as he watches silent tears rush down her face hitting the pavement just like her strength. Such suffering shouldn't go to waste. It should be consumed, something he will gladly inhale. Feeding his madness, becoming the nightmare of many.

Ignorant she sits, incognizant of the drops on her cheek. All she knows is the numbness that invades her, confusing it for peace. Her mind is in a whirlwind, she does not know if up is down, or down is sideways. All is the same to her scattered thoughts.

Opening her eyes, she takes out her $40 phone checking the time.

4:28 AM

, screams at her face from the lit flip phone in her petite soft hands.

Gazing skyward, she gathers her wits and rises from the ground. Her ears perk at the crack of thunder making her jump in fright. Reaching a hand to rub the spot where her heart lies she rubs it attempting to calm her racing her heart, she takes slow breaths as she makes her way out of the alley knowing that a storm is brewing in the depths of the sky. Too concerned with her health, she remained oblivious to the intruder of insanity.

He sees her pass by him, excitement ignites within as he sees her sorrowful eyes. What he is unaware of himself is that not only is it her broken look that lures him in, but her undying beauty. A facial structure so sharp it cuts at him, skin like velvet that his fingers itch to touch...and scar. Curves that set fire to his veins, ones that his lips would love to caress and bite. Naive too, is the fiend of how deep his desire for this disastrous women truly is. With a cruel smirk and a sick gleam in his eyes, he turns away as the distinct sound of rain drops patter on the concrete. Awaiting the day when he will get his hands on her, and oh when he does; oh, what fun he will have indeed.

But today is not that day, he will just let his mind continue to reel in his sadistic mayhem. Unfortunately, he is an impatient man. Soon she will make acquaintance with him, and his pores ring with anticipation at the mere notion.