The First Day of The Weirdest Job Ever

I could barely contain my excitement as I sat on the crowded city bus headed to my new job at the recently opened theme park.  I held the newspaper clipping in my hand.  My sweaty palms threatened to smudge ink.  I scanned over it just to make sure it wasn't messed up.  I was applying for a job as a maintenance crew member, but there was also a bonus job that they didn't specify, but they mentioned a second check for the first two people to apply for the position.

I didn't know much about the place except that it was a franchise of smaller pizzerias that closed down before I was born, and that my dad used to work there at one point before he died.  Before I knew it I reached my destination.  As I stepped out of the bus, the transition from cool air to the sweltering summer heat unbearable.  I looked up at the huge entrance with a giant animated Freddy Fazebear waving at the flow of customers.

I made my way through the crowd and into the main building where parties were hosted and the animatronics played their music.  I headed to the front desk where a girl my age was flipping through the pages of a small booklet.  She didn't notice me as I approached her.  She was average height with an hourglass figure.  She had long messy black locks that stopped at her waist and and light brown eyes.

"Umm excuse me."  I asked hesitantly.  She looked like she had a lot on her plate.  Her head shot up and her eyes locked onto mines and smiled, "Are you here for the job?" she asked.

"Yeah, and i'm interested in the bonus job from the ad."

"Well welcome to the team!"

"Really?! So what do I do first?" I asked.  I was in a state of total disbelief by how easily I got the job.

"I'm just as clueless as you.  When they gave me the job today, they gave me this note telling me to give whoever applies for the job the uniforms, this employee's handbook, and your key card."  She reached under the desk and pulled out two sets of neatly folded uniforms.

"Wait, your telling me that you just applied and you already have the job?  And what's this second uniform?"  On top of the maintenance crew uniform there was a blue button up shirt, black slacks, a badge, and a hat with another badge on it.

"Oh yeah, that's the bonus job.  We're both going to be doing the night shift security  together." She stated.

"Well OK then. What's your name?" I asked.

"I'm Violet Keres, nice to meet you" she replied as she extended her hand.

"I'm Damion Barber," I shook her hand,"Well i'm going to go change and look around."

"Alright, i'll see you around." She got back to looking around the front desk as I headed to the men's employee locker room to change clothes and store my other sets.  As I finished changing I heard a feminine whisper, "Damion."

I looked around the corner and saw no one, "Who the..."  I shook it off and walked out of the locker room and to the main party room where the stage was, and the animatronics where walking around the stage.  I walked by the stage before heading to the parts and services room and admired the complexity of the animatronics as they sang, dance, and interacted with the audience.  They were very cartoon like as well to be more child friendly.  Then suddenly Freddy looked at me and locked eyes with me.  The eyes were plastic, yet it felt like he was analyzing me with unknown intentions.  Then he broke the stare and got back to performing.

'That was extremely creepy' I thought.  Then I passed by Kid's Cove and watched as children mangled the fox animatronic.  I left and entered the parts and services so I could get used to my workplace and find out where everything was.  It was filled with animatronic parts and a vast array of state-of-the-art tools, and an emergency generator.  After a few hours of messing around, I came across a shelf that was blocking a steel door.  With a little effort I was able to slide the shelf over and expose the door.