Chapter Twenty-Seven: Unexpected

Amity's POV
~~
"I'm what?!"

"You're 9 weeks pregnant. With twins," repeated Juliet.

"Oh gosh, so...they're Andy's and- and mine?"

"Yes, you should be happy. You guys are the only ones who've made it through this chaos. You guys have given us a second wave of Legionnaires."

"I'm kinda scared right now, to be honest."

"That's okay, but you need to be more careful because you are carrying your children."

"I'm clear on that, but, will the visions affect them?"

"It depends," said Juliet, "I don't know how it does, so like I said, you have to be very careful."

"Ok. I guess I'll be going now. I'll see you later then?"

"Yep," she said.

I walked out, Jake was still there.

"So...what's going on?" He asked me.

I smiled, laying a hand on my stomach.

"I'm gonna be a mother."

"So...what else? How far along are you?"

"Nine weeks, and I thought this was nothing. What'll Andy say?"

Jake laid a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, I'm sure he'll take care of you and soon, his children too."

I thanked him, hugged him and told him not to tell the others just yet. Jake then left and I headed back to the dorm.

Getting there, I went to the bedroom and I saw Andy lying on the bed, in thought. It reminded me of the day he brought me to the Camp.

"Hey," he said, as he noticed me.

I took a deep breath, "I need to talk to you."

He sat up, worry in his features, "I hope it isn't anything bad."

"It depends on how you take it."

He outstretched his arms toward me. I went and sat next to him and hugged him.

"Uh, have you noticed anything different? About me, I mean."

"Well, I guess you've seemed a little distant these past couple of months. I also noticed you were also feeling sick for just as much time. Why, what's wrong?"

I hesitated, wondering what was going to happen once I told him, but I said it anyways.

"Um...I--I'm pregnant."

I heard a sharp intake of breath. I started to cry. It took him some time to realize his shoulder was getting damp.

"Oh shit, don't cry."

"Why s-should I? I'm pretty sure you didn't want this," I cried harder.

I felt his arms turn me over. The next I know, his lips are crashing into mine. I'll admit, I didn't see that coming.

When we parted, he looked me straight in the eyes.

"Now that's not true! I love you with all my heart, and I will love our child just as much," he said, laying a hand on my stomach.

"What about the other one? We're having twins," I smiled through the tears.

"Really? Oh excuse me, love our children--plural--just the same. How long?"

"Nine weeks in, many more to go."

"Guess we'll have to take better care of you. How did I not notice anyways?"

I smiled, wiping my tears away.

"Still can't believe I'm gonna be a dad..." He said, running a hand through his hair.

I noticed tears welling in his blue eyes. He was shocked but happy at the thought of fatherhood.

"What're we going to tell the others? Speaking of, we have to tell the Congregation now."

"What?! No!"

Before I could protest anymore, Andy picked me up bridal style and carried me out.