Chapter Nineteen: Escape From Our Shadows

Amity's POV
~~
The shadows left and I saw Jake, Ashley, and Juliet asleep.

Andy went with me to their side.

"Will they be okay?" I asked him.

He wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"Yeah, they're just a little weak."

I went to help them off the bed, Andy helped me sit them down on the floor.

I sat down and went into deep thought.

"What's wrong?" He asked, sitting next to me.

I looked at him.

"Who are they?"

He sighed.

"I don't know, all I know is that they're like Shadow versions of us. Mine is Demon; yours is Vessel. Deviant's is Sinner; Jake's is Death. Mystic's is the Summoner; Destroyer's is Warrior. Healer's is the Damned. They switched places with us."

I sighed in frustration.

"And how are we gonna get out of here? Unless you have an idea," I asked.

"I might know someone..."

~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~
Jinxx's POV
~~
I went to find Amity but saw Prophet, or the monster that took the form of my brother, take out Juliet, Jake and Ashley.

Minutes later, they woke up and when they opened their eyes, they were blood red too.

I hurried to my dorm. I banged on the door.

CC! Hurry, it's an emergency!, I called to him telepathically.

In a matter of seconds, the door opened.

I pushed CC back inside and closed the door.

"What's going on Jinxx?" He asked.

"There's a monster out there that's posing as Andy. He seems to be targeting the Wild Ones since he's taken everyone except us."

I told him that we need to get help. When he asked who, I dragged him to the Chapel. Leaving, I noticed Andy going towards the dorm. I used my magic to hide CC and I from him. We got inside and told the Legionnaires that were already in there to hide. I then proceeded to the Chapel's tower.

I closed the huge wooden doors behind us and drew a pattern on the floor. I lit a few fires and created my own summoning spell.

CC stood back a bit because he was afraid something would explode but I told him we needed to be inside the pattern.

"The Legionnaires need you. I, the Mystic summon you. Take the Destroyer and I and reveal yourself. Hear me, Veronyx."

The fires extinguished and we fell into darkness.

~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~

"Where are we?" I heard Destroyer ask.

I looked around and realized something.

We were in the Void.

"Mystic, Destroyer, why have you called? What's happened?"

I turned and saw her. Her face was laced with worry.

"Most of the Wild Ones have been taken by someone who's taken Prophet's place. He has blood red eyes and is drenched in dark magic. He is also looking for us right now."

I saw her eyes widen.

"The Reaper. I don't know how he's gotten hold of the Matriarch's power but this is very bad."