Chapter Twenty-Six: Suspicions and Truths

[3 weeks later]
Amity's POV
~~
Shadows were attacking the Camp, I had been feeling ill for a while now so Andy agreed to have Jake and I in charge of the Legionnaires' safety.

I had just gotten the Legion into the Chapel's bunker when I felt sick. I ran out and spilled my guts onto the sandy ground. I heard footsteps coming from behind me.

"Psyche, are you okay?"

I shook my head vigorously. Suddenly, a black mist surrounded us.

"There's someone else here. I felt an extra presence when we were in the Chapel and when you ran out, it left as well. The thing is though, I don't see anyone else besides us."

I stood up shaking and nearly fell over from lightheadedness. Jake held me up and when I looked up at him his eyes had a certain look to them. He looked down at me when his eyes went wide slightly.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Nothing," he responded, "Let's just get you back inside."

~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~

Soon enough, the Wild Ones came to give Jake and I the all-clear and we let the Legion out of the bunkers.

Andy came over and hugged me.

"You're alright!"

"Of course I am, Prophet. I can't leave my husband's side."

I saw Jake studying me from afar.

What's with him today, I thought to myself.

"Psyche!"

I was brought out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"I asked if you were okay? If you still felt sick?"

I sighed, "I'm still sick."

"Darn. Well, I can take you back to the dorm and see what I can do to help you feel better."

"Ok, thank you Prophet."

~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~
[6 weeks later]

I looked at my reflection while I was at the falls. I looked exhausted, my face was covered in dirt but had a glow to it, and I had somehow gained some weight.

I looked at myself again and sighed. I went behind a curtain and undressed. I showered and then went back to the Camp. The sun was just beginning to peek out from behind the mountains. I smiled and kept walking. I ran into Jake on the way to my dorm.

"Hey Psyche."

"Hi Mourner," I said awkwardly.

He hadn't stopped watching me from afar since the day I got sick.

"How have you been feeling?" He asked, "Are you still sick?"

"A little, it's weird and really complicated."

He nodded, sighed and then grabbed my hand.

"Mourner! Where are you taking me?!"

He said nothing and I saw he was taking me to Juliet.

"Healer! It's the Mourner, I need you!"

Juliet came out of the tent.

"What's wrong Mourner?"

He handed me off to her.

"It's the Psyche, I need a diagnosis on her condition. She's been like this for weeks now. I have a theory but I need to know exactly what it is."

"What's been happening?"

"Well, she's giving off multiple life signatures and well..."

He finished his sentence as a whisper, Juliet's eyes went wide.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~

Jake had left the room when Juliet decided to run some tests. After a while, Juliet came up to me.

"Well...I guess this can be either good news or bad news."

I looked up at her.

"Well? What is it?"

She sighed.

"You're pregnant."

____________________
[A/N] Next updates: January 31 & February 1 at 12:00pm EST.

P.S.: Don't forget to comment, vote, etc... I need your opinions on this fanfic.

-PW13