Chapter 9

{ Votes and comments make me really happy! Thanks for reading! Hope you guys like this cute Jack and Audrey chapter(: }

I woke up in a small hospital bed, it took me a while to adjust to the white fluorescent lights but once I did I saw Jack and Claire sitting beside me, they were both asleep on a tiny couch. How long have I been asleep?

The sky was dark outside and I noticed I had an oxygen mask attached to my face. It was bothering me and I seemed to be breathing alright so I ripped it off my face. The only thing I could remember from today was me crying hysterically in Jack's arms. I don't remember when I got knocked out and how I got here and I wanted answers, but everybody was asleep.

Out of nowhere, a doctor walked in the room with a clipboard in his arms. He gave me a heart warming smile and crept closer to me.

" I see you have woken up and took off your oxygen mask.. You seem to be doing well." He stated, I simply nodded my head, not knowing what to say. By this time I could see Claire and Jack shift on the couch, indicating that they were going to wake up soon.

" Well Ms. Cavey you seem to have had a panic attack.. We put you on oxygen and Benzodiazepines. You're heart rate and vitals seem to be in shape and you can go home whenever you want to but you need to sign some papers first. And if you want, your father requested to put you on antidepressants and therapy. But since you are legally an adult now you can decide if you want to or not." The doctor explained to me and I just continued to nod repeatedly, I was still a little dizzy since I had just woken up. I looked over at Jack and Claire and now they were wide awake, looking at the doctor and then at me. When the doctor finally left they instantly started to bombard me with questions. I put my fingers to my temples and shook my head, can they just shut up?

" Guys I have a headache.." I muttered with closed eyes, making them quiet down. Jack scoot up closer to me and he rested his hand on my elbow in reassurance, Claire simply watched us. I was still in shock of what had happened just a few hours ago. It seemed as if I've been in hospitals all the time nowadays. First my mom, now me. It bothered me how I was on antidepressants and I definitely did not want to go to therapy, it was a complete waste of time. I'd just waste a full hour of my day just so they could ask me stupid questions about my life and emotions.

Jack let go of my elbow and he sat back down on the couch next to Claire. I noticed that my dad was nowhere in sight and my heart sunk.

" Where's dad?" I asked to no one in particular.

" He went home, he wasn't feeling good." Claire told me, I didn't say anything nor did I move. I was used to my dad barely being home or not being there for me when I needed him most. When mom died he barely picked up his phone, and he never wants to spend some quality time with me. It hurt.

" So you wanna ditch this place?" Jack asked, I shrugged my shoulders and so did Claire. I didn't really care where I was, I just wanted to sleep forever.

We called in a doctor and I signed the release papers. My dad seemed to have already picked up the antidepressants from the pharmacy and before I knew it we were in Jack's car. I didn't know where we were going and my eyes were droopy. The medicine made me very sleepy and I didn't like it because it distracted me from my surroundings, but I guess that's good right?

My eyes slowly closed shut and I immediately fell asleep to the sound of soft French music playing in the background.

-

" What happened to her bro?" I faintly hear Johnson's voice.

" She had a panic attack, just don't speak loudly or anything because she has a headache and I don't want to panic her anymore.." Gilinsky replied, I was wide awake now but I didn't want to open my eyes in fear that my head would hurt more.