XXX

Emma jolted awake at the harsh rumble of thunder. She could hear the rhythmic beating of drops crashing hard against the window.
She saw the white flash that was followed a few seconds later by another growl of the grey sky.

"Looks like we're stuck inside," A voice whispered at the nape of her neck.

She shifted in the comfy bed, finally aware of the strong arms wrapped around her body and the brief tickle of chest hair against her bare back.

"I guess so." She answered and turned to face him, "How'd you sleep?"

His hair was a mess. Literally. Various dark strands pointing out in every direction a few falling over his forehead. And, somehow, his eyes appeared more blue and hypnotic than ever. It's ridiculous how attractive he was.

"No dreams. Just inky black darkness." He grinned.

Her expression mirrored his and she didn't even try to fight the urge to kiss him, because it was just absurd how good he looked in the mornings, and every day.

After a few seconds, she pulled back and lazily brushed one of her hands through his hair, attempting to make it neat when in reality, she just wanted to mess it up even more. No one could blame her, it looked good on him. Then again, everything did.

"I'll go make breakfast." He said and pecked her lips before sliding out of bed, carelessly picking up his sweats from the floor and sliding them on before jogging downstairs.

It was Sunday, meaning she had to go home today. And that saddened her a bit, but she still had a couple of more hours with him and she was glad. Usually the fact that she only got to spend the weekend with him didn't bother her because she would normally see him at school, but now with Jake's threat over her shoulders, she couldn't even consider stepping foot back at the school. A talk with her parents would suffice.

Still drenched with sleep, she rolled out of bed. That's when realization hit, the present weakness of her legs was enough to bring back memories.

Walking numbly to the bathroom, she went over the events of the previous night, remembering everything in deliciously excruciating detail. The promise of her having him until the last candle died out was kept, at least six times. For sure it was the most heated night she's ever had. Until the ungodly hours of the evening, it was all roaming hands and scorching kisses. All throughout, the held each other, breathing each other's air, clung to the other's gaze. It was hot, heavy, and passionate. And she adored every second.

She shoved the enticing thoughts aside and focused and getting in the shower and cleansing her body. Once finished, she slipped on fresh clothes (shorts and a black tank) and headed down to the kitchen.

"Need help?" She offered.

"No, it's fine." He flipped the pancakes a few times before sliding it onto a plate and placing it before her.

"Thanks." She smiled and he gave her a quick kiss before returning to the stove and continuing on his own breakfast.

Despite the thunder storm that was over head, the morning was quite pleasant. They chatted through breakfast then moved to the couch to watch something until the rain slowed down and she could go home. She could go home with the storm still stirring, but it served as an excuse to stay longer.

She had considered moving in before, but there was now was it would happen with her parents being overprotective. Plus, they weren't there yet. Sure, she may be carrying his child and all, but that was an accident they decided to take care of. They were still only a little over a month into the relationship and living with him wasn't exactly a plan yet. Maybe they'd talk about once the due date came closer.
But for now, it was still too early.

Killian had put on Friends. A show she loved, and even though she's seen the episodes on repeat for a long time and she laughs less with the characters, she still enjoys watching it. He did too.
Currently playing was The One where Ross Is Fine. One of their favorites.

"Have you planned on when to call Ingrid?" He asks suddenly.

"Yeah, probably during this week." She leaned her head on his shoulder and glanced at him, "Why is the whole Ingrid thing so important to you?"

"Love, you have two mother, now. I have none, be grateful." A sad smile spread on his lips.

"How did your parents abandon you?" She traced her index across his jaw.

"My mother died shortly after I was born, and around when I was two - my father abandoned us."

Her eyebrow raised, "Us?"

He bit his lip, "I meant 'me'. Apologies."

"Nuh uh." She shook her head, "You're not getting off the hook that easily. Tell me."

He sighed and looked down at his lap, taking a moment to gather his words.
Then he spoke up, "My elder brother. Liam. He died fourteen years ago."

"Liam?" She looked at him sorrily, recalling a few days back when he requested that as a name for the baby.

He nodded and swallowed.

"Then I'll make sure to name him that if it's a boy." She cupped his cheek and turned his head so his every were at view.

His lips quirked up weakly and his lips brushed for a mere second against her palm.

Laying her head back on his shoulder, they both stayed silent. Neither wanting to discuss the subject further, knowing it would be hard for him. But when he's ready, she'll be there to listen. And she told him just that before kissing his lips and returning her attention to the show. His arms now around her and her finger laced at his side.

Sooner than to her liking, the storm blew over and he drove her back home.

-
As some of you know, tomorrow is my first day of school. So I apologize in advance if I don't update for a while.