XLIII

Emma awoke from her fainting spell several minutes later, she opened her eyes and didn't know what had happened. All she remembered is talking to that girl Ruby and then everything after that is forgotten.

"Emma?"

She turned her head to see the brunette who was clad in red standing by her side, "How are you feeling?"

The question practically woodshed over her head, "Where's Killian?" She tried sitting up but a head rush interrupted causing her to sit back down.

"Killian?" Ruby asked confused, "Isn't that Mr. Jones?"

Emma decided to shut her mouth, recalling where she was, "Never mind. What happened?"

"You fainted. Out of nowhere and the teacher carried you in, he was a little stubborn to leave for some reason, but he chilled out when the nurse told him I'd stay with you."

"Right, thanks Ruby." She closed her eyes, Jesus he's probably worried to the max right now, "Can I have some water?"

"Yeah." She took one of the miniature paper cups and filled it with water from the cooler before handing it to Emma, "Here."

She drank it all in a matter of seconds then asked for more, Ruby made at least four trips back and forth to get water for her before she asked to return to class.

"Are you sure? You just fainted."

"Nah I'm fine. It happens when I'm on my period - a lot." She lied. And instantly felt guilty for already being dishonest with a possible friend.

"Weird." Ruby helped her get down from the table and walk to class since she was lightheaded. So much for a nice birthday, it wasn't even ten in the morning and she had freaking fainted. She hoped the rest of the day would be a highlight.

When they both walked into class, Killian instantly looked her up and down and stepped closer to her side, "Emma, are you alright?"

Okay, way to play it cool.
She gave him a look, telling him that there were students currently witnessing this, "Yes I'm fine, Mr. Jones."

He backed away and nodded, "Good. I'm glad." He said more subtly then and sat back down in his chair.

Both girls took their seats and Ruby tapped her shoulder, "Oh my god! He likes you!" She exclaimed in a whisper.

"No he doesn't." Emma giggled, maybe too loudly that Killian heard.

"Miss Swan. Page 86." He said sternly.

"Sorry." She said then turned back to her chat pal, "He has a wife and they're expecting a child. Trust me he wouldn't go for this." She motioned to herself.

Once that was cleared, they both read as they were supposed to and answered the twenty questions that were to be done by the end of class.

The bell rung for their second hour and everyone rushed off, except Emma.

She stayed and waited for the room to clear, when it did Killian was at her side in a matter of milliseconds, "Are you alright? What happened? Was it the baby?" He asked, his words rushed.