XLV

Walking into Ms. Mills' office was what every student was scared of. She was strict, way too strict if that could be said. Emma had never had an encounter with her, but she's heard pretty terrible stories of the punishments. And as she walked behind Natalia to the grand office, she told herself those stories were probably exaggerated. But with Jay there, her nerves only grew more frightened, she could say something about her being pregnant which made her stomach turn and her palms sweat.

Before opening the door, Natalia turned and said, "If I'm going down you shall go down with me."

Emma raised an eyebrow, who was she? Shakespeare?

They both went into the office, one that was huge and everything in it was black and white, two chairs with silver legs before the matching desk.

Each girls took a seat before the woman with coal dark hair that reached her shoulders, black lining her eyes and red lipstick perfectly standing out, there was a scar on the right side of her upper lip, and for a moment Emma wondered how and when she got it.

Ms. Mills grinned, pearly white teeth showing, "I'm sure both of you have your side of the story to tell, and I'm sure both of you will argue for me to believe yours. But I'm not in the mood for bickering." She shook her head, fingers laced together above the desk, "So how about I let you both off with two days of detention and I don't suspend you?"

Natalia looked at her before nodding towards the principal, "Yeah, that sounds okay."

"Alright Ms. Jay you can leave, Ms. Swan please stay I have something else to discuss with you."

A knot built in her throat. Was it about Killian? Was it about her being pregnant? Did she have to leave the school? Every possible answer scared her, mostly the first one but she didn't really want to think about him right now.

Ms. Mills opened a drawer to her left and pulled out a file with her name imprinted in very formal cursive at the upper tab. She placed it in front of her and opened it.

"Ms. Swan this is your new schedule. You've already completed all of your credited courses except three, European History, Statistics, and World History. It seems your not so good on history. So basically come to school for these three classes then you can leave." Regina smiled somewhat kindly.

She looked over her new schedule and frowned, "I have Mr. Jones for both history courses?"

"Yes, but we can change it if you'd like, I know having the same teacher twice in a day can be a particular bore."

"No, it's... fine."

"Well, that's all. You can leave. Goodbye." Ms. Mills closed the folder and held it up for Emma.

She took it and quickly turned her back walking back out into the clinical looking hallways. Not really wanting to go back to class and see his face since she was over-the-head pissed off at him, she texted him.

Emma: Let me me skip the rest of the period and my anger for you might lower 5%.

She went to her locker looking for The Book. It was a novel, the actual name was The Deepest Cut. It was a striking story about a girl who is suicidal and meets a hot ghost. Kind of cliche, but she loved the thing, that's why she named it The Book.