perfect flaws.

The soothing music filtered through the various speakers set up around the large room. Several people moved off of the dance floor, and towards the refreshments table. The punch bowl was now refilled, even though you could bet money on the fact that someone had already spiked it.

                Couples situated themselves on the shiny dance floor, exchanging adoring looks between one another. The lights dimmed, setting the mood for the dance taking place.

                This is why she hated Valentines.

                In her opinion, it was just a way for shop owners to make money, out of selling stale chocolate and tacky cards; exactly what couples ate up. The whole idea of Valentines was something that flew right over her head; you shouldn’t have to objectify your relationship to one day when there are 364 others in the year that you could spend doing something special.

                Her being here seemed kind of pointless. Standing against the wall, drink in hand as she pitied the couples around her.  She pitied them because they really thought that from this point onwards, everything just gets better. Because you’ve got someone by your side, it means that nothing else in your world can go wrong.

                They were all naïve.

                I think that’s why she noticed everyone else’s flaws so well.

                Because hers were perfect.