perfect flaws {3}

The water lapping against her bare toes soothed her. The mixture of yellows, reds and oranges played across the sky, reflecting into the sea. She was in her own little world here, and getting back to reality was something she wasn’t looking forward to. She’d received a great deal of strange looks today, more than what she was used to. Being different wasn’t bad, it was a change that everyone needed to experience. Even if they didn’t want to.

                She didn’t choose to be like this. If the choice was hers, she would have chosen to be normal. Maybe she wouldn’t receive the sneers by girls if she could join in with pointless conversations about shoes. There was the possibility that if she acted a bit more normal, her relationship would have lasted longer than 4 weeks.

                But she knew it was pointless, everything was just wistful thinking. The chances of it happening were slim to none, and she knew that she wasn’t part of that slim part either.

                It wasn’t her fault that she was antisocial. That she thought deeper about things she wasn’t required to. She just wanted to meet someone who would look past her great deal of flaws, and understand her. Then they’d all see that hers were perfect. Unlike theirs.