■Chapter 1■

Previously in Smile Again
"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!"

"It was an accident okay but I need you to trust me and come with me right now please Nessa."

"DONT CALL ME THAT! AND I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITH YOU!"

"Okay but the sad truth is your not safe here Vanessa but if you come with me you will be."

"HOW DO I KNOW YOUR NOT LYING"

"Guess you'll have to find out. I'll explain everything and answer every single question you have if you just get in the car...please."

"She picks up her bag and huffs out an annoyed breath before walking to the door. "

"Just so you know I'm doing this for Sam not for you." And with that she walks out the front door not knowing the upsetting reality waiting for her on our journey.

Chris' pov:
The whole car ride has been dead silent. I still don't know the best for of transportation to get out of here I mean I don't want to buy a plane or train ticket cause I have a feeling Sam will track it somehow and I can't let that happen. Once I shut that door I made a silent vow to never let anything bad happen to her again and I have no intentions of breaking that promise. She won't even look at me right now and it's so strange for her to act so distant from me. It reminds me of the first time we met when she told me to stay away from her because she was bad news. She's just staring aimlessly out the window with her arms crossed and her legs curled up by her chest in a ball. I want to say something but I have absolutely no idea what to say in this situation.

"So how do I know you anyway?" She finally broke the silence and turned in her seat to look me in the eyes for the first time since we left.

"Uh my brother Crawford and I were just screwing around since we had just moved here and wanted to look around the town. We saw this swingset and Crawford wanted to relive our childhood or something but when we got there we saw you sitting down and it looked like you'd been crying for a really long time." It didn't look like any of this was coming back to her but I didn't care. Thinking about that day always brought a smile to my face. "You still looked beautiful though" I mumbled expecting her to not hear me or even care but she smiled and looked down. A tell tale sign she heard me and she was glad I said it.

"So what a random stranger finds me at the park and then kidnaps me from my boyfriends house."

"No. I saw you after that and we kind of became friends."

"Friends?" She asked confused but then her expression turned angry

"Friends wouldn't force me go leave my injured probably dying boyfriend to runaway with them."

"They would if they knew what really went on behind closed doors." I said softly clenching my jaw in anger because of the way she was talking about him at the moment. She doesn't remember any of the bad things he did only the happy relationship and cute memories.

"What is that supposed to mean."

"Let's just say you weren't half as safe as you think you were at that house."

"And what the hell would you know about my safety or my relationship." I tightened my grip on the steering wheel desperately trying not to scream out the truth about who Sam really was.

"I know that a guy like him does NOT deserve you or any other girl in this world."

"Sam is a loving caring person that would never ever hurt me!"