■Chapter 7■

Chris' pov:
It's been a week since the first text message I got and I still can't figure out who is doing this. I have no idea and it's always the same haunting message, a small sentence regarding Vanessa followed by a threatening statement and a farewell to me. I need to figure out what's happening because I promised her. I promised to keep her safe and I intend on keeping that promise.

I do feel bad though. Dragging her away from her life, lying, faking a smile like she did to me all those times back at the school. She doesn't deserve this. Not this life not everything she went through and certainly not-.

"Chris..." I saw her come back in the room with a bucket of ice and an expression in her face that just about broke my heart. She looked so defeated and..scared a way I never wanted her to look at me ever in my life.

"Yes?"

"I-is everything okay, you just seem distant and distracted alot and look I'm just gonna say it. I can handle things from here on my own, I know I'm probably a burden for you and I-I was for him too so I understand if you want to go back to your family and-" I cut her off when I practically tackled her into a hug.

"You're not a burden in anyway, Vanessa I'm so sorry I've just had alot on my mind lately." Including someone threatening you that I still don't know the identity of. "I would never ever leave you unless you wanted me too and you're the best thing that ever happened to me and I...I just want you to be happy" That was close. I couldn't say it, not yet I didn't want to freak her out but I really did and I was certain with every bone in my body

I loved this girl. I loved Vanessa

Kirsten's pov:

"Sam a-are you sure about all this I mean what if somebody finds out."

"Nobody's gonna find out, and if they do." I heard the sound of a gun being locked into place behind me and turn to meet Sam's back. "I'll handle it" he finished with a sinister smile. I felt a chill run down my spine but I ignored it and continued typing on my computer and attempting to get in touch with my brother again. I still can't believe this girl took him from me my own brother. Crawford hasn't even left the house since Chris left he's too worried but sometimes I hear him talking to himself 'maybe he's making videos or something, I don't know'

"Sam?"

"What?!" He barked

"Do, do you think this might not work like she, might not."

"She will" he stated

"But what if-"

"There is no 'what if' okay?! She's mine and if she knows what's good for her she'll get her ass back here and learn to keep her mouth shut like someone else I know!" He practically growled it at me as he swiped a stack of papers off his desk along with other random materials hitting the floor and making me jump slightly.

"Now" he said clapping his hands together and walking over to me cupping my face.

"Why don't you go over there and smile like a good girl so I can finish what I started yeah?" I nodded timidly as he gave an encouraging slap on the behind, such a gentleman. I know why I'm doing this and I love my brother...but is all this really worth it