■Chapter 4■

Chris' pov: (two days ago)
I knocked on the door hoping it was Vanessa's place and her dumb boyfriend was home so I could have a chat with him, or beat him to a pulp either way. I went to knock again but the door was opened wide and there he stood. Tattoos, piercing and intimidating stare in all. "Can I help you?"

"You son of a bitch" I pushed him back shocked by both my actions and words right now.

"The fuck is your problem dude?!" I kept pushing him let my anger take over not knowing what I was doing or saying anymore.

"What did you do to my sister!"

"Listen up psycho I don't even know your sister."

"Oh really. Then why is there a huge bruise on her back from where you shoved her into a dresser this morning huh?!" He scoffed and said probably the worst possible thing in this situation.

"I thought I told that bitch to shut her trap." I lost it.

I punched him across the face and took him by the shirt throwing him into the kitchen counter just like he did to Kirsten. And then I realized Vanessa was still here. And she was in no way safe here. I turned around as that Sam guy tried to figure out if his jaw was broken I ran upstairs calling her name frantically. But she didn't answer. Where was she. My heart was beating a mile a minute and I didn't even realize Sam had his arm wrapped around my neck in a headlock and was dragging me over to the balcony when I elbowed him in the gut as he released his hold. "Where is she?!" I kicked him in the stomach again trying to get him to answer me or get off my tail long enough for me to find Vanessa. I jumped over him and ran downstairs yelling her name just as before when I found her. Lying, lifeless in front of the fridge. Bruises covering her face and arms yet she still looked beautiful busted lip and all. My anger only grew from there. Sam came down shortly after hitting me on the back of the head with some object that made me just a little bit dizzy. He threw me into the living room and with the shred of energy I had left as he came charging at me I flipped him over my head and he landed on the glass coffee table with a relieving crash.

Vanessa's pov: (present day)
I was speechless hyperventilating no knowing how to react to all of this. "The, the girl. That he cheated on me with..that was y-your sister?" He nodded his head sadly and I could practically feel the fear coursing through my veins as my breathing hitched and my brain swirled with all the different ways this could end, most of them not having a happy ending for me or Chris. "Chris I. I think you should leave." I wiped a few tears from my eyes scoffing at the fact that I cry over every little thing. "What?" "I'm putting you and you're family in danger and I-" "hey" He said quietly taking my hand in his "I'm here because I want to be here. No other reason but that. Of course I'm worried about my family but I'm more worried about you. Kirsten has Crawford and my parents but you. He isolated you and now you have no one without me and I'm not going to abandon you like that." I was still scared and couldn't stop my mind from thinking about everything that could be happening right now and what in God's name Sam was planning.

Sam's pov:
I was pacing back and forth in the living room. Ugh where the hell was she? That's was her number right? I heard a knock on the door and rushed over to see her standing in the doorway with her head down.

"Hey uh..."

"Kirsten. Now what the hell do you want Sam?!"