Chapter 1

Hi, my name is Jonah. Let me tell you some facts about myself.

  I'm a junior in high school.

  People at school call me a bad boy.

  I'm a bad boy.

  I skip school. 

  I sometimes smoke.

  I'm not at all addicted to smoking.

  I drink beer or sometimes any type of alcohol I feel like

  I disrespect my teachers.

  I don't care what others think of me.

  I'm Cupid's Assistant.

  I hate being Cupid's Assistant.

  Brad, who now lives in my house with me, is Cupid.

    Now I bet some of you guys are wondering, "Oh my goodness, your Cupid's Assistant? What? That can't be true, can it? Cupid isn't real. You're lying to us right now."

    I can assure I'm not lying. Cupid is real. Has been for a very long time. The only people who know of his existence are people close to him, who have been Cupid, who are soon to be Cupid, people that are close to Cupid's Assistant, and Cupid's mate.

    Now let me explain to you what Cupid's Assistant does. As Cupid's Assistant I help him with fixing peoples relationships, starting peoples relationships, and ending horrible relationships. When I am done with this and training I become Cupid. Also for me to become Cupid I have to have found my mate. If the current Cupid dies before any of that happens or is injured they assign a different person to become Cupid for the time being.

    Cupid has been in my family for a long time. Becoming Cupid runs in the family. Some times the person who becomes Cupid is not family but that's only been for a while then it goes back to my family.

    That's kinda confusing, let me explain. So all the Cupids have run in my family, but sometimes something tragic happens before the next person in line to become Cupid can become cupid or the current Cupid and his mate don't have a child. When one of those two things happen they find a replacement Cupid. The replacement Cupid can be the former Cupids brother or sister or some one not in the family at all. If the replacement cupid is some one not in the family then they wait for one of the people in the former Cupid's family, the original family, to have a child that is worthy to become Cupid.

    Okay, now that I have explained this to you I can go on. I am still in training and I haven't found my mate so I can't become Cupid yet, not that I even want to become Cupid in the first place.

 Let me tell you some of the reasons I don't want to become cupid. 

 1. No woman can hold me down. 

 2. I'm a player.

 3. Becoming cupid is a lot of work.

 4. I'm extremely lazy.

    As Cupid I'll have a lot of work to do and I just don't ever feel like doing a lot of work. Plus as Cupid people will expect a lot from me and I just don't want to mess things up. As cupid I believe I will some how end up messing up a lot of relationships. I don't think anybody wants to know what happens after that. 

    Let me give you a little bit of a glimpse of what the world would be like if I messed up peoples relationships, Check the video out on the side >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    If that happened. Papa and Mama Cupid would have me by my head.

    Right now you're probably wondering, "Who the hell is Mama and Papa Cupid?

    Well let me tell you. Mama and Papa Cupid are the first ever Cupid's. When they figured out they were both Cupid they started working together. During that time they fell in love with each other. They started dating and then after a year of dating they got married. Three months after they get married Mama Cupid found out she was pregnant. After the baby was born they planned they would always only have one Cupid and Cupid would always find his/her mate. When Cupid and his/her mate had their child that child would become Cupid. The first Child always became Cupid if they had the qualities of becoming Cupid. 

   Papa and Mama Cupid did not only have one child. They had 4 children and each of those children had children, and their children had children, and so on and so forth. So as you can see I have a big family. Oh how could I forget. Because both Mama And Papa Cupid were the first Cupids they were immortal. Their children were not. I don't know how that happened, since they were both immortal. They won't tell me how that happened.

    Anyways back to my original point. Me becoming Cupid would be very horrible and not good as you can see from the video. Also I just really don't want to do it. I wanted to be able to pick my own job and every thing. I wanted to have control over my own life and not have to go into the "family business". I hate that my life was already decided for me. I just wish I could make my own decisions for myself.

    Brad keeps saying I should be grateful to have a family line of Cupids. He says it is a great opportunity to learn responsibility.. I don't think it is I believe the only way for me to learn responsibility is if I had the chance to pick my own job. If I were able to get my own job I would be more responsible because that means I took the time to remember that I need a job and get a good paying job.

    Even though I would love for all that to happen, there are still some perks for going into the family business. One of them is that you already have a house to live in. All expenses paid for already. That's awesome.

I love that they're doing all these things for me, but I'm 16 and I'm about to go to college in two years. I should be able to make my own decisions. My dad says I should appreciate all these things because a lot of people don't get this type of life at all. The thing is I do appreciate everything that's being given to me. I just wish I could earn some of these things.

I bet some of you are wondering,"How does the bad ass care about all these things?" 

Well my parents taught me some things so I'm not that disrespectful. There are just those days were I really just don't give a care in the world.

I'm not the worst guy in the world like many people at school think I am. 

Talking about school. Here I go.

********A/N********

So this is the edited, better version of chapter one. This took me about two weeks. I decided to change the way I was writting this story because well I didn't like the feel of it before.  I hope who ever's reading this likes it. I spent a lot of time thinking of how to re-write this book and the idea finally poped into my head.

Vote

Comment

Share

Make my day!!!

All of the above

;** I love you guys ;**

   -Jess