Chapter 2

Kou POV

"Okay, let's meet." I said. She ended the phone call.

"Hey!" she greets me. I didn't thought she'll come quickly.

"You're here already?" I asked.

"I look like I don't? Haha. I was looking at you.. uhmm in 10 meters, I guess?" she said. Now I know.

"I'm glad you're always there for me, Kou! I won't forget this!" she hugged me. I was about to let go when I saw Futaba on the other side of the train station, staring at us.

I hugged Sakura. I want to end things with Futaba. I don't want her to like me. I'm not dumb to realize that she like me. It's not like I like her too.

Sakura hugged me tightly.

Futaba POV

W-what are they doing?!

I can't move.

"It's okay." Kikuchi buried my face on his chest. I can't help to cry.

"Don't look." Kikuchi said.

I don't know what to say to him. I can't form words in my situation.

Why is that girl hugging Kou? Why is Kou..

It took time for me to look at Kikuchi.

"They left already." Kikuchi told me

"Thank you.." I said and tried to smile.

I looked on the other side of the train station. They're really gone..

"Just go home and don't overthink things." Kikuchi smiled at me. He's really nice. I don't know what I can do for him in return. I owe him so much.

I don't know why he's always there for me.

I wiped my tears and smiled.

"Why?" Kikuchi asked.

"I'm just happy you're there for me." I said. His face is turning red?

I head home. I was thinking about them, all night.

"Good morning, Futaba!" Makita greeted me.

"Yeah.. good morning.." I said like I'm a zombie. I stayed up all night.

"W-w-w-what happened to you?!?!!" Makita asked in shock. I know I have eye bags that made me look like a zombie. Ugh..

"What.." Murao said. Looks like she only arrived by now.

All of my classmates arrived except for Kou. Our first class already started. Where is he?

Is he with that girl?

I feel lonely.

Kou POV

What are they doing yesterday? Why is she too close to that-

N-no! It's not like me.

I'm waiting for Sakura, my cousin. We're supposed to meet today. She said she needs me so here I am.

"Kou.." Sakura called me. I can't see her face since it's covered by her bangs. But when you look at her she seems to have a problem.

"Oh. Hey.." I greeted her.

I'm shocked of what she said next. "My parents... divorced." She looked at me.

She's crying. "A-are you sure?" I asked.

She nods.

"We can't do anything about it." I said. I'm sad for her.

She held my hand.

"W-will you always be there for me?" she asked.