Chapter 1 - Birthday Blues

I am walking home after a long day of school with my two best friends, Kylie and Abi. They were apparently going to treat me to a fancy night out in town for my 16th birthday, but I doubt that they would. It would probably end up with us just ordering pizza and watching PLL on Netflix like it usually does.

"You're FINALLY going to be 16!" Kylie shouts with excitement.

"I know! It's going to be great, my mum and I are just starting to plan my party for next Saturday." I replied.

"EEEK!!! It's going to be AMA-ZAYN!" Abi screams.

"Calm down, it's only a party."

"ONLY a party? ONLY A PARTY?! THIS IS NOT ONLY A PARTY!! This is the time where you can finally impress your crush!" Abi

"Ooooooo Kyle!" Kylie says making kissy faces.

"Shut up." I reply.

For the record, Kyle is NOT my crush. He's just a dreamy boy I sit next to in Biology that all of the girls drool over. Ugh. I sometimes get notes in my locker saying stuff like 'If you touch him you'll pay!' Pathetic if you ask me. He's the captain of the football team - a popular. Even if I did like him, he'd never date a nerd like me who puts school before anything. Hey, don't blame me for not wanting to work in a McDonald's for the rest of my life. Anyway, one of my boy best friends, James, who I've known for years says that Kyle has a thing for me. I seriously don't believe him. Whenever he brings it up I always say: 'If he likes me so much then why doesn't he tell me?!' And he always replies with 'He's just too shy! Give him a chance Candy.' Ugh. Boys. Don't blame him really. I, a nerd who everyone seems to like and talks to, would NEVER even have a single chance with that boy. He is just perfect. His smile is perfect. His face is perfect. Is hair is perfect. His body is perfect. EVERYTHING about him is perfect!