Chapter 6

[Michael's POV]

"I had something to do babe, but I'm on my way, see you later," I hung up the phone and got up to get dressed. After what happened last night, I needed to leave as soon as she went back into Cal's room. I didn't know the girl and the feeling of what I had did in the past came back. Calum definitely would be pissed if he ever found out. Dating his sister was like a second chance of earning his trust or possibly our friendship back, but I defiantly messed that all up.

I got in my car and drove off to the Cal's house. As I pulled up so did Calum.

"Shit," I said as I pulled up on the side of the curb. He glanced at me with this weird look and just made his way inside. I got out my car and made my way inside as well.

"Hey babe," Bethany had greeted me as I walked in.

"Hey," I said as I kissed her on the forehead. I looked over as I saw Calum in the kitchen pouring orange juice.

"Bethany bring your laundry down if you have any!" Ms. Hood yelled from the other room.

"I'll be right back babe, just stay here I want to play video games when I come back." I nodded and took off my jacket to hang on the hooks by the door. I just felt Calum staring at me, but I didn't want to look over.

"So, I heard you and April talked a little last night," he said as he picked up his juice. Did April tell him everything?

"Ye- Yeah but she needed to know where the popcorn was," I felt my palms getting sweaty as I got a little nervous.

He didn't say anything as he pulled out his phone to read a text. He put down his phone on the counter and looked back up at me.

"I just don't want you going near her, you hear me." He said.

"Yeah, alright," I took a little offense to that and just put my hands in my pocket.

"Okay Calum, your clothes are done," Bethany had said running down the stairs. He looked at me once more and then made his way back to the laundry room. Bethany went over to the living room to set up the Xbox. Calum had made me feel really pissed, saying I shouldn't go near her, that just made me want to see her even more.

"It's all set up and ready babe," Bethany said getting the controllers and sitting back on the sofa. I saw Calum's phone there and decided to do something.

"Alright, let me just grab some chips really fast." I walked behind the counter to get the phone. I made sure Calum wasn't coming or that Beth wasn't looking over at me. Quickly,  I swiped to his contacts and get a hold of Aprils number. I took out my phone and quickly typed the number on my phone.

"Babe, what are you doing?" she said coming to the kitchen. I locked Calum's phone and set it down quickly before she could see me with it in my hand.

"Yeah, there's just no chips, I was looking extra hard just to make sure."
I really couldn't put together what I was getting myself into. I had Bethany and I don't really think there would be anything between April and I. April clearly didn't like me at all, especially if she knows the whole situation between Calum and I.

  I could just delete the number, but I could also keep the number to say sorry about last night.

Without any hesitation, I decided to text "hey" to start out the conversation.

After several video games, and checking my phone, I never got a text back. I mean, who would text a random number back anyways.

I suddenly felt a buzz in my pocket and I couldn't believe she texted me back. I saw Beth look over trying to see who it was.

"It's just a friend Beth," I said looking up at her.

"Really, a friend? What friends do you have?" She said looking back at the TV.

"Damn Beth, where did that come from?" I said getting up and throwing the controller on the couch.

"Sorry, I just - I think you need to go. I'll see you later at the party okay?"she said. I was so confused, she was acting weird.
"Okay babe," I said kissing her head. I then headed out the door and got into my car and read her reply.

She replied asking who I was, and I answered "It's Michael, I just needed to say that I was sorry about what I did last night. I know it was wrong." I sent it. I kinda felt a little less guilty. But still what was wrong with Beth?