8 Times

"Falling in love is risky. May be for some, it is fun for me."

Chapter 8:

“Hi”

I sheepishly smiled at Liam who had his arms crossed against his chest, staring down at me with a serious expression. He looked like a police officer busting teenagers who escaped from their house. It wasn’t like that at all, I’m an adult and it was supposed to be a girls’ night. I knew he would be mad that I went to a club where I could get raped by an old man or get drunk and do weird stuff instead of talking to him. He acted like a child, fighting with his band mate, that’s low. I had a reason to be mad at him.

Well, at least Liam cared about me, but right now we needed to care about Eleanor Jane Calder, who still had her ankle broken and was lost. What if something happened to her? I was dead.

“Don’t you Hi me,” Liam mimicked my voice as he rolled his eyes. He stuck out a hand which I gladly accepted and he pulled me up. “Could you stop rejecting me for once in your life?”

My mouth dropped as I raised my eyebrows, “What are you saying? I haven’t rejected you.” I raised my voice over the music, but he squinted his eyes leaning closer so I could repeat again. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his wrist, walking outside. Fresh air hit me as we walked outside, the smell of alcohol and sweaty bodies remained inside, except for the music, it could be still heard.

“I mean, I want to talk to you, but you won’t let me. I think that’s called rejection, so it’s 23 times.” Liam smirked walking closer to me; I backed away from him sighing, leaning against a wall. I crossed my arms over my chest, waiting for him to talk. He took that as a chance to close the gap between us. He twisted a piece of my hair over his finger, and smelled it. “Strawberry shampoo, I like it.”

“Liam-” I pushed him holding back a giggle.

“Look, Francis, Niall really likes you and I think you already knew that, but …”

My eyes widen remembering Eleanor must be inside in the club, lost or being raped by someone.

“Hold that thought, I remembered Eleanor was inside!” I opened the door, but Liam behind me, closed it again. He turned me around, pushing me against the door.