Chapter 1

You were only 7 years old and already the most adventurous child in your village. No matter how many times your parents told you to stay inside and play with your toys, you couldn't resist the allure of the forest; it was always so peaceful and with Ganondorf vanquished there were never monsters lurking.

Today was no exception, you got up with your father as he went to check the chicken coops. "Don't go too far, (Y/N). And at the very least be back before lunch," your father warmly stated. "Okay daddy!," you yell back, grabbing your knapsack filled with a few pieces of bread, a compass, pouch of water, and carving knife.

~Time skip to deep within the forest~

The shade of the trees were so dense, you couldn't tell the time of day. You were thinking about heading back when you spotted something peculiar, a black butterfly with a blood red spot on each wing. you have seen many different colored butterflies among the wildflowers, but never a black one. There was something eerie about it but you couldn't help yourself and decided to follow the small creature. You followed until you reached a large cliff overlooking your village, the butterfly landed on a flower and you sat with your legs hanging over the edge of the cliff. It was so beautiful, beautiful until the occasional cloud that passed over the Sun turned into a black veil and the slight breeze turned into a howling wind.

You felt fear but it wasn't fair for yourself or your well being; you had to get back to your parents, everything felt off. You scrambled to get up and in the process stepped on your pant leg, causing you to fall backwards. You fell, you fell for what seemed like an eternity and then slammed to the ground with bone crushing force, but you weren't dead. What you had slammed into cushioned your landing, a pile of... something. You felt around and grabbed a hand, lifting the hand of your savior you look to your side, the hand didn't belong to a body. you screamed and slid down the pile. The pile dead villgers was 6 feet high, a bloody pile of mingled parts with all the heads of the villagers in one neat row, your mothers and fathers caught your eyes first. You ran, you didn't know where you were running but you ran. You ran and only look back wants to see a dark figure with glowing red eyes watching you retreat.