Closer

Quite and bored as always, killua walked out of the basement. I followed him quietly. He stopped. Without turning back, "What do you want?" He asked emotionlessly. "Uh.. Just wondering if you would like to have some chocolate." I pulled out the bar of chocolate from my pocket that I discovered 10 minutes ago. We stood in silence for about 10 seconds, which seemed like eternity for me.

Finally he turned back, with a hungry glimpse in his eyes. "Yes!"

"Oh yeah? Then follow me~!" I sang and ran towards my room.

~Time skip till they reach Layla's room~

I stared at my brother as he was devoured the bar of chocolate. He noticed me staring at him. "What is it?" He asked.  "Eh? Nothing! Its...nothing at all!" I smiled. But he kept staring at me. "You, Layla," He said pointing at me. "Are different from the others." 

"What do you mean?! Of course I am different from others! Everyone is unique!" I said. "No I mean, unlike the other Zoldycks, your're different." He said. "You smile, laugh and shout. You have a heart."

The last sentence made me blush a bit. "Why do you think that...? In some days I'll eventually have to start killing. Maybe I'll become a cold-blooded killer and... and I might turn my heart into stone... Understood...?" I said softly. I shivered at the thought of becoming a cold-blooded killer. Becoming a killer was fine by me, but a cold-blooded one...

"oh..." He said. "Ne killua-aniki," I said putting my hands in front of me. "Give me hug, will you?" I smiled at him. Without waiting for his answer, I tackled him into a hug. "Killua-aniki, do you mind if I call you simply 'kil'?" I asked. "Uh...sure!" He said.

We became closer to each other, but even I didn't realize what I would become...