Nen

I had spent 6 months on my own. In the forest. No one to talk to, no one to play with and no roof over my head. I had even started on my own training of nen. I cut off my long hair and I looked like a wild, beastly human. 

I sighed as I sat down on the ground under a tree. My eyebrow twitched. 

Continue your training.

That voice really reminded me of the girl from The Border. Black hair, red eyes and a deep voice. Maybe I did look a lot like her. Except for my violet eyes. I closed my eyes to relax myself. Then there was a flash outside. When I opened my eyes, I was in The Border world again. "..." I started yelling. "WHERE ARE YOU, YOU RED-EYED, CRAZY, F****** WOMAN??!" Wrong move... She was right in front of me in a second.

She glared at me with fiery eyes. "What... did you just call me...?" "N-nothing!" I stammered. "Hey..." I held out a finger. "What's your name...?" Silence. 

"My name is Ceifero." She said. 

"Seifer?" 

"Ceifero."

"Seifer?"

"Ceifero."

"Seifer?"

"For the last time kid, MY NAME IS CEIFERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"But that's what I said- Seifer!"

She sighed. "Hey Seifer, or whatever," I said. "Why are you trying to separate me from my family?" She stared at me for a second. "Because it's for your own good." She replied. "Now go back." She said and pushed me with her skinny hand into a pit[which I don't think was behind me] but before that, maybe I saw her smiling a very creepy, psychopathic smile, before I was surrounded by darkness.

When finally I returned to the real [ok, not real, anime] world, I saw a young girl[oh wait, maybe a boy] with soft silver hair and green eyes. "Are you okay?" I blinked. Maybe he was a girl. Or she might be a boy too. "Yeah, who're you?" I answered. "My name's Kara." Oh my god. He's- I mean, She's a girl. "I am Layla." I said. I stared at the child. Maybe she's older than me.

"Your age?"

"Hm? Oh, I am 4." I replied. "You're younger than me: I am 5." She smiled and took me with her to a house. Her house. 

"Mum! I'm back! And I've brought a friend!" She yelled. "Friend...?" I whispered. "You hardly know me..."

"Hello child, what's your name?" A young woman asked me. "Layla." I said. "Kara, who's this?" I asked while tugging at her shirt. "Oh, that's Katherine-sensei, my nen teacher." She said. "So you know nen?" I asked her teacher. "Would you teach me too?" She hesitated. "Sorry, I don't trust you to use your powers wisely once you learn nen." She replied.

"uh... Would you teach a killer, like one of the Zoldycks then?" I asked her. "If my life was on the line." She replied. "What about other's life?" I faced Kara's mother, who didn't know nen. "Of course. I am not someone to let a person die easily." She said. I walked over to Kara's mother and then with my speed, in a second I was on top of her mother, my claws pressed against her neck. "Then I," I said digging my nails deeper, "Layla Zoldyck, the fourth child of the infamous family of killers a.k.a The Zoldycks, command you to teach me nen in exchange of your student's mother's life!"