Unnatural High

. . . Preface . . .

    You know how some kids say High School is over the top? Well that is an understatement for Unnatural High!! It is where kids with special abilities go. When I was younger the older kids would tell scary stories. Just to you know scare us younger kids.  The legend says when you go to Unnatural High that you would never be seen again because you would  probably be dead.Our fate would of already been chosen for us. That would suck royally wouldn't ? I can't even imagine how Joe Swearent felt when felt when his letter arrived. He is two years older then i am. I was in seventh grade when he got it. He was just starting Freshman year when it appeared.

    The only reason I remember him is, because we were neighbors. I had  been standing by the mail box sorting through the mail. When  I heard him come out for his mail. I wave and call good morning, he returns the gesture. Then I return to sorting through the mail. Suddenly I heard a door slam making  me jump and drop all the mail. I scurry to pick them all up. One had  been blown onto his lawn. I hurry and made my way over there and tried to grab for it. But it had flown onto his porch. That's when I slowed my pste down. Joe was still standing there staring at a piece of mail. Which later I found out was a brochure to Unnatural High. That is how you know that you were enrolled and now doomed. He doesn't say anything, just stares at his mail. I slowly made my way up the stairs of the porch. The letter settled by his feet, he was staring at his mail. I bent and picked up the runaway. Usually Joe would notice if somebody was near. He was totally out of it, so I tapped his shoulder. He jumps and hides his mail behind his back. I ignored his attempt and look hind him. What I saw must of showed in my eyes that had widened. He is scared and I saw it written all over his face.

    I have no idea what I was thinking. All I know is I threw my arms around him. He was stiff for a few seconds then his arms go around me. He's shaking but I hold him, comfort him. Then my mother called me over saying to come clear the table. I gave  on last squeeze  before I ran back over to my house.The next morning a strange van parked in front of Joe's' house. I'm sitting on my porch steps. Watching  as the strangers started putting some boxes and two suite cases into the van. Joe  mones out carrying a small box, looking really tired. He sees me and waves morning. There was no good morning about this morning. Since I was only 13 then and was a romantic, so I felt I needed to give him something. So I ran over there he didn't notice me at first because he was putting the box in the van. I took off my lucky charms bracelet. Either I added on a charm when even I was somehow lucky. He looks at it then looks at me with a question in his eyes. So I told him it was for luck. He took  it unsure if he should, I smile encouraging him. He puts it in his pocket and gives me a devastating, cute crooked smile. Some think a guy with a crooked smile was usually cocky. Joe was  different , he just doesn't smile much. I give him one more smile then walked away. Knowing I would probably never see Joe Swearent again.