Chapter 2.

On monday, I woke up before my alarm buzzed. I took a quick shower, and put on grey sweat pants, a blue tank top and a black hoodie with Nike sneakers.

I went downstairs for breakfast, I found my mum leaning on the counter, with her arms folded, when I hear her sobbing softly.

She was probably crying because of my dad, she cried almost all the time cos of what he did. He walked out on us 3 years after I was born. My mum would tell me that he was a secret spy who travelled all around the world to save people but as I got older I figured everything out. When she usually came to tuck me in at night when I was younger, I would hear her cry when she thought I was asleep and it broke my heart to always hear her cry so I when I was 11 and finally understood why she was always crying, I hated my father and I have grown to hate him for making my mum sad.

"Morning mom" I said opening the fridge and grabbing the orange juice carton. I took a cup and poured it in.

"Morning dear" mom answered wiping her tears and going over to the coffee machine to make herself a coffee. I had already forgiven her about the whole 'I see why you don't have friends' thing yesterday when she apologized.

"Mum, are you okay?" I had to ask

"Of course darling" she said with a fake smile on her face

"Okay then" I say "I'll see you later" I kiss her cheek and walk out the door after grabbing my bag.

As I walk into the school building, I see teenager at their lockers getting their books out for class and some of them chatting.

"Savannah!" Someone yelled as I reached my locker. I turn around to see Tyler running over to meet me. I roll my eyes and turn back to my locker, I opened it and got out my writing materials for the physics test I had and took out my physics note from my bag and put it in the locker or Mr. Cafrey would have thought I was cheating if he happened to have seen it.

"Savannah hey" Tyler said when he finally reached me

"What do you want Tyler?" I said rubbing my forehead with two fingers.

"Um well I heard that you have a physics test today and I wanted to say good luck" he smiles showing of his dimples that most girls would fall far but not me, I had no time for boys.

"Thanks" I say walking away

"So um" he followed me "do you want to hang out with me after school?" He asked with a nervous smile

What doesn't this guy get when I say I don't like him?!?!?!

"I can't" I say

"Why not?"

"I... I have a job" I said. It wasn't a lie cos I do have a job but my shifts start at 5:00pm and end at 10:00pm I work at a coffee shop, and we close from school at 2:30 but I didn't want to hang with him so...

"Oh okay... I'll see you later" he waves and walks away

'Thank God!!!!' I think to myself.
Its not that I hate Tyler or anything, its just I don't have time for friends and as sad as it sounds, its true.

The bell rings and I am the first to enter physics class. I sit by a window like I always do when I take tests cos I always finish before everyone else and I need something to look at to kill time.

Everyone else settles down and Mr. Cafrey enters

" Good morning class"

We all mumble a 'good morning' back.

"So I told you guys about the test we have today, I hope you all prepared well" he says sharing the sheets around.

After about twenty minutes I was done so I put the sheets together and left them on my table staring out the window.