Invitation to Death

Logan left early that morning not to bother the Sons. She walked along Terrace, all the way to Saint Martinville. The small little town was now home to a mafia, or gang, or whatever. Logan was just glad she was on the right side. Was she?

Logan snapped out of thought as she entered the cafeteria of her school. She sat next to Caleb and Gohan. She was the only thing binding them together. Matthew, one of Logan's friend, sat across from Caleb. Matthew was very skinny with dark brown hair. He had brown eyes and a few freckles. He was always making everyone laugh.

"Depressed Camel."

At that note, Matthew made a sound of what seemed to be that of a depressed camel. Everyone, including Logan, laughed.

The laughter stopped as soon as Pine walked in. She was tall and slim. Her hips were big and her lips looked full. She was stunning. She was always fashionable and fair skinned.

"Look at her rack!" Matthew whispered to the others.

Logan punched him in the arm and sighed.

Pine captured everyone's attention. She cleared her throat and looked at each and every person intently. She gave a slight grin, then began to speak.

"Hello, everyone! In honor of the family business, my mother is throwing a ball! Everyone is welcomed."

Everyone's eyes seemed to light up and sparkle. The thought of a ball seemed to intrigue each and every soul. The whole school went into a frenzy. Instantly, talk of what people would wear or who they would go with sparked up. Which put a thought into Logan's head: who will she go with? She had two options and was torn between the two.

Logan had been told to arrive to the ball early. She walked into the enormous house and saw some of the other members already there. Madeline,stood at the top of a staircase, microphone in hand.

"As some of you have already guessed, this isn't an ordinary ball. Sure, any party we throw will always be extravagant. However, this one in particular is just a simpler method of... Extermination." Logan felt a knot in her stomach. Of course this was too good to be true.

"Is this just an invitation to death?" A tall and slim boy asked bluntly. It took Logan a moment to realize it was Matthew. She was completely unaware that Matthew was also in the family. Then again, she had only started a few days ago. Who knew how big this collusion was?

"Yes, an invitation to death; per se."