The Date.

While Noah was gone, I decided to get ready for my date. My best friend decided I needed to forget about Noah and move on. I guess she doesn't need to know he's going to be living with me now. She'd be pissed. She was the one who got me through the heartbreak that Noah caused, and she helped me through it. I couldn't let her down.

Slowly I got ready, making sure I took extra time with my hair and makeup. I wanted to look perfect for my date tonight. I picked the tiny black dress, Skylar insisted I buy. It was more revealing for my taste, but Skylar told me that this was exactly what I needed. I put it on, the dress barely covered what needed to be covered, and I kept tugging on the bottom hoping it would magically become longer. Somehow though, it made me feel confident and sexy.

Taking a deep breath, I tousled my hair one more time, and swiped on some lip gloss. Someone was knocking at the door, as I finished putting on my earrings and heels. "Coming!"
I yelled out.

I smiled as I opened the door, thinking that my date arrived early.

It was Noah.

He looked me up and down, he lifted his hands up and then back down, as if he wanted to touch me, but restrained himself.

"Adelynn-"

I sighed, "Are you going to make some smart ass remark again?"

Noah smirked, "Damn, right I will."

I looked at him, and saw his eyes darken as he came closer to me. "Did you dress up for me, Kitten." I bit my bottom lip, as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I have a date tonight." I replied. I watched as Noah's expression turned from lust to anger. "Who's the fucking guy, Adelynn."

I shivered at the rage in his voice. "I don't know, Noah. Sky set it up for me, I'm meeting him for the first time tonight."

Noah scowled, "Go change."

I crossed my arms, "No."

He and I were in an intense stare down, until we heard the door for the second time that evening.

I brushed against Noah, and I felt him stiffen as I said. "Goodnight, Noah."

I walked past him and hugged my date. I could sense Noah watching us.

"Hi, Adelynn. I'm Preston. It's nice to meet you. You look absolutely stunning tonight." He then gave me a single rose.

"This is beautiful, thank you." I said in response.

We walked out the door, leaving Noah scowling in the doorway.