Chapter 8

"Rex...Rex are you okay?" Rex heard faintly as a loud ringing sound was filled in his ears. He slowly opened his eyes to see himself strapped to a passenger seat, looking at trees.

He shook is head, "Ya...ya I'm fine...Are you ok?" he quickly asked.

"Ya...At least I think. We need to get out of here quick. I can sense a great evil," Delinia replied, holding her head.

Vader, Rex thought to himself. He unbuckled himself from the seat and walked towards Delinia. He removed her seatbelt and they made their way to the back of the ship. With every step, the ship began to sway and shake. When they made it to the back, Rex pushed against the door, only for it not to budge open. "Delinia. Get your lightsaber and cut this open."

She reached for her lightsaber only for it not to be located on her waist. She turned around and saw it in the front of the ship. She tried forcing it towards her but her emotional state got the better of her and she couldn't focus enough. She stopped and leaned up against Rex and slowly began to sob, "I'm sorry Rex. I-I can't do it."

Rex slowly shushed her. "Don't worry youngling, some things are harder to do than others. You're scared and I understand that. Just wait here and I'll get the lightsaber." He kissed her on the head and slowly began walking towards the front of the ship. Every step made a creak, that he was unsure if it was going to fall. He reached the front of the ship and slowly bent down to reach for the lightsaber.

Rex heard a creak. He felt the ground beneath him begin to move. The ship began to slowly slide forward. Delinia screamed and lost her footing, rolling down to the front of the ship. She crashed right into Rex, knocking him down. The noise began to get louder until he saw the ship begin to snap in half. "Get to the back of the ship!" Rex shouted.

She stumbled to the back with Rex closely behind. The noise grew even louder as the crack in the bottom of the ship grew larger. She jumped over the crack and as she landed near the door, the entire ship ripped in half. It began to fall crashing through the branches, slowly disappearing from view. Rex leaped upwards, trying to reach the back of the ship. However, he jumped too late and just barely missed the platform. He began entering a free fall along with the front half of the ship. Delinia screamed and quickly stuck out her hands, turning her head and closing her eyes.

"Delinia. Delinia, look," she heard in her panicked state. She slowly turned her head back around, opening her eyes ever so slightly and saw Rex hovering in the air with a large smile on his face. "See, I said you could it," he remarked. She slowly brought him back to the ship where he got his footing back. He handed her back the lightsaber and looked over the edge. "Well, we're a lot higher up than I anticipated...I've got an idea. Delinia, I'm going to need your lightsaber again."

She handed him her lightsaber and he activated it. "You might want to hold on," Rex said. He cut away the back wall of the ship and it slowly began to creak once again until it dropped into a fall. Delinia began screaming while Rex cut away at every branch that got in their way. Through luck they were able to hit land without too much of an injury, mostly thanks to a few vines that stopped their fall. Rex stood up, wiped his shoulders, handed back Delinia's lightsaber and began walking. She stood there in shock and panic for several seconds before following him.

They made their way through the humid forests of Kashyyyk, trying to find any sign of a Wookiee encampment. After several minutes they came across one, high up in the trees, but it seemed deserted. They made their way up one of the ramps until they made it to the platform. Delinia looked through several of the huts to find almost nothing. She then began to sense something, but it wasn't the evil that she felt earlier, it was fear. She followed her feelings until it lead her to yet another abandoned hut, but she knew something was off about this one.