awakening

I wake up screaming like they just threw me in a pit of cobras all wet and sticky from the sweat I remember the dream only to well and it is not at all pretty. and for shit sakes I look around and see Jake is not in the shelter and there is blood outside the door. I start to scream my lungs out again. Jake suddenly appears at the door looking concerned and freaked at the same time.

"Rebecca what's wrong! are you OK answer me" he asked frantically.

I am trying to catch my breath but don't answer him.

"Rebecca"! he comes and takes my sweaty hair out of my face.

" I'm fine it-it was only a nightmare".

Jake doesn't buy it. he grabs and puts me on his lap.

"shh shh its going to be okay calm down" he says quietly. he is rocking me like a little girl but I am so freaked I don't mind.

" I am fine Jake it was just a nightmare" I said as calmly as I could manage.

" only a pretty awful nightmare" he mutters. "what was it about" he asked looking at me strate in the eyes so I can't look away. And to my horror I answer him honestly.

" the crash" I said so quietly it was barely audible. he nodded as if he suspected that.

I had pulled away when I answered him. he was studying me so strongly that I couldn't help but squirm under his gaze.

"why did you start to scream a second time if you realized that it was a nightmare" he asked softly.

I sighed but answered him

"I woke up screaming that's true but I woke up feeling around me I remembered that you were with me so when I didn't feel you I panicked and then", I gulped "I saw the blood and I thought you were dead" my voice cracked at the end. fresh tears running down my face.

" shh shh don't cry Becca don't cry". a short little laugh escaped my lips.

"my name isn't Becca" I said

"I know but that's your nickname" he grinned at me. I laughed at that but then remembered the blood.

" Jake why Is there blood outside the door." I asked.

"l went hunting" he mumbled looking down"

I laugh at his face " what did you hunt" I asked.

"wild pig" he said. laughing at when he sees my face.

"o-okay how about a we go collect fruit for later I saw a huge tree yesterday full of fruit."

"deal" he smiled and for a ridiculous reason I felt butterflies in my tummy.

"how about a race I saw the tree yesterday so I know where it is." he said a childish grin on his face.

" you're on" I replied.

we walk to the edge of the forest and got in position.

"ready to lose." Jake said smiling crazily.

" in you're dreams" I rolled my eyes.

he laughed "ready said GO!!

and with that we burst into the forest.

____________________________________

so how did you like this chapter I know it is short but at least I update frequently.

in the mean time

comment

vote

and follow!!!!!

IG: niallsgirl360

love ya cupcakes.

~ Daniela ~