Chapter 2

I fell hard on the ground. I heard their chuckles and then I heard someone from behind me saying "always be on lookout dear, you never know when someone might as well just punch you" with that I think he tried another swing but this time I dodged it. I quickly threw a punch and he stumbled backworks. I felt a push, more like a kick to the stomach that made me fall to the ground.

20 minutes later, I sat on the corner of the stage, struggling to catch my breath. They had to stop me from fighting. Apparently we had been too long. I looked at my hand, it was bruised, so were my legs and and face. I quickly ran towards the center. . "we will now test your physical abitlities, follow us". What? No comments?? Well.. Anyways

One long run and 20 different hurdles later, we went back inside. "tell us about your background and why you chose to fight" i began" I was born and brought up in venice and well 5 years back during the attack on venice by the groups , my mother was killed . I was just 15 years old at that time and I was devasted and lost. My dad and brother both worked for a clan back then. So, I used to be home alone, I started falling in depression and spent most of my time inside my room. I then, wanted a change in life and decided to join my dads clan. He trained me for 2 years and I finally got a place in his clan. Saving people the depression I went through was satisfying, knowing that you are able to make someones life better. My father and my brother were killed during the recent attack and "withered" had to be closed down. I dont want to stop what I was doing, so I applied for an interview with your clan, and I am hoping that you will give me a chance to get back to fighting the groups "

" alright, we will contact you later "was all they said. I nodded and said a quick" thank you ". I walked out of the room and found all the halls empty and dark. This place meant a lot to me. Memories of me and my brother running through the hallways came flooding back into my mind. I wiped away the tears and made my way back home.

As soon as I got home, I changed into comfortable clothes and went to bed. Next morning, I woke up early and went to the "withered" headquarters. I went inside and found a man wearing a mask next to Elina's counter. "Oh clara there you are,someone , has come to talk to you about yesterday's interview" she spoke. "Oh well, Hello, Mr...?" "styles "he replied and shook my hand firmly .
" first of all, congratulations on getting the job, you shall start work from tomorrow,and there is another thing ms. Maxwell, the "survivor" Headquarters are in venice and not here in new York so, we will have to leave tomorrow. Pack your bags and be in front of this building by 5 in the evening. Any questions, feel free to ask " " um.. Why do I have to go to the headquarters, I mean isnt there an office anywhere here? " " well, you have been wanted to work at the main team, therefore you have to stay and work at the headquarters " i nodded and thanked him." Mr styles? " " yes?" "why are you still wearing a mask? I hope you can trust me now that I have been accepted?" he huffed and slowly removed his mask.

Wow. Was all I could think. His face was perfect. He had a sharp jawline, green eyes and amazing curled hair. Oh.. God. Was I staring?? I saw him chuckle and he put the mask on before turning and walking out the doors. "see you on the plane  Maxwell". And with that he left.