Chapter Two

* I want to start off by saying, thank you to  Werewolves2 for her advice and this chapter is dedicated to her. Okay, so on with the story.*

    Arabella's P.O.V.

       We walked for what seemed like hours. It was still raining and, there seemed to be no light to be shed on this situation. Tears streamed down my face and at this point, I didn't care who seen them. The few other wolves who were with us looked at me with sorrow. Well, the females did. The guys didn't even look my way, considering the fact that I was their Alpha's mate, I wouldn't have expected them too. My mate didn't pay me any attention. He walked in front of me, while who I'm guessing was his Beta, walked behind me, and two other guards walked on either side of me. Way to box me in, mate. My eyes stayed glued to the ground as we trudged through the wet and dark forest. Why me? Out of all the wolves on this earth, why me? Why grant me with such misfortune? What have I ever done to deserve this? I sighed inwardly, realizing my questions wouldn't be answered. I attempted to rid my mind of all the pointless questions, but it didn't work. Maybe if I look back on my past, I'll find something that answers my questions. I continued to walk until I bumped into something, well someone. I fell on my ass and into a mud puddle.

Oomph.

   I looked u to see that my mate had stopped walking. In fact everyone had stopped walking. I wondered what cause the certain stop. I got to my feet and tried to see what Alpha Springer was looking at. He was peering off into the distance. I couldn't find what he was looking at considering that it was pitch black and raining. I then felt tingles shoot up my arm. I looked down at my wrist to see Alpha Springer's hand wrapped around it tightly. We started walking again. This time I was in front and standing beside Alpha Springer. He hadn't even glanced at me since he'd taken me. Why won't he look at me? As we walked a foul scent spread through the air like a wildfire. That was the scent of rouges. Alpha Springer no doubt smelt the scent, but it didn't make him speed up, slow down, or turn the other way. The farther we walked, the stronger the scent got. I wrinkled my nose up at the smell. We could see them. They were walking towards us. One of the rouges, who I'm guessing was the leader looked at me, licked his jaws, and then stared Alpha Springer dead in the eyes. We continued to walk in the direction of the rouges. I was afraid, but it didn't let show it psychically. Alpha Springer's grip on my wrist tightened. It was beginning to hurt. I began scratching at his hand, in attempts to loosen his grip. It didn't work. He turned and peered down at me with angry eyes. I lowered my head. His gaze seemed to be shooting bullets into my head. If looks could kill, I'd probably be dead.

   I watched as the large group of rouges began to close in on us. I looked around and seen everyone in human form, next thing I know, there are huge wolves fighting each other. I ran behind a tree and watched the fight. I watched as Alpha Springer sunk his teeth into a rouge's neck and ripped out his throat. I turned away at the sight of it. His midnight colored fur, was now damp with the blood of a rouge. Then I thought about something. Why was I hiding behind a tree? I was one of the best fighters in my pack and I'm hiding behind a tree during a fight? What a warrior I am. I was snapped out my thoughts when I heard a growl behind me. It was a rouge. A female at that. Her wolf was much larger than I was in my human form. Heck her wolf was probably larger than my wolf! She growled at me and then pounced. I quickly dodged her, making her run into the tree I was standing behind. I quickly shifted and charged at her with full force. I knocked her onto her back and clawed at her face, and bit her ears. We were rolling around, constantly switching positions. She bit me, I bit her, she scratched me, I scratched her. This process continued for quite sometime now. I was afraid to actually kill her, I had never killed anyone before. Let alone been trained for it. I've never known too show no mercy. When I was in training, I never killed any of my partners so I couldn't kill her.