Chapter One

Arabella's P.O.V.

"Good Bella. Just like that." Beta James spoke as I was in combat with my training partner. I glanced over at him to see him watching his son Hunter and I fight in hand to hand combat. Big mistake, Hunter used this to his advantage. He kicked me in the back of my leg making me fall and pinned my hands above my head.

"Nice try gorgeous." Hunter smirked. The female students watching the battle cheered for, considering that they didn't like me very much, but their boyfriends did. Not to toot my own horn, but toot toot Bella.

"Catching me off guard was something you shouldn't have done, Hunter." I smirked.

"Would you two stop flirting and fight each other, then you two can go and make out." Beta James yelled.

I kneed Hunter in the groin and rolled from underneath him, as he toppled over. I looked over and saw the guys laughing and cheering, the girls were pretty much rolling their eyes. I also seen my father walking up. He stood next to Beta James and watched. I turned back to Hunter who was still holding himself.

"Are you alright Hunter?" I asked beginning to feel bad. I knew that specific spot was a guy's weakness.

"Yeah, I'm fine Bella. Could you help me up?" He asked. He still looked as if he were in pain so I kindly held out my hand for him to grab. When he did, I instantly regretted it. He came to his feet fairly quickly, then he flipped me over and I landed on my back. He attempted to throw a punch, but I grabbed his fist before it connected to my face. I used my legs to trip him and now both of us were on the ground. I whipped my head back and connected it with his, and jumped on top of him. I grabbed his arm, twisted it, bent it back, then put my right leg over it. in this position I could easily break his arm. I heard him hiss in pain from underneath me.

"Sorry babe." I said.

"Damn you Bella." Hunter joked.

"Have you had enough of getting your ass kicked by a girl? Are you gonna bitch up and tap out?" I teased. I laughed as he struggled underneath me.

"Ya' know Bella, you may be a little more skilled than I am, but we both know you're not stronger than me." He said, and with that I was on the ground again. He put me in a headlock and began choking me. I tried my best to break free of his grasp, but he was right. I wasn't stronger than him. I did the only thing any logical person would do. I tapped out.

"That was good you two." My father said clapping his hands.

"Okay, you two are done for today, go grab some water and take a shower. You both smell like wet dogs." Beta James laughed. Hunter and I began walking back to the pack house, along with a few other people from our training session. Hunter lazily threw his arm around my shoulder.

"I hated having to do that to you. But you deserved to get your ass beat for once." Hunter joked. I playfully rolled my eyes and pushed him away. He came right back to my side like a boomerang.

"Are you going to the pack bonfire by the shore? " I asked.

   Hunter nodded. "I'm gonna go clean up and I'll see you there." He said. Just as we were about to part ways, Hunter grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him. He then smashed his lips onto mine. There weren't any fireworks, or anything special. It was just a kiss. Our lips moved ins sync and we began exploring each other's mouths. I pulled away once I was out of breath. Hunter pecked my lips once more before heading away from the pack house.

I bet you're probably wondering if Hunter is my boyfriend or significant other. Sorry to burst any bubbles, but he's not any of that. He's just a flirt buddy, or a friend with benefits. I've never had sex with Hunter or even thought about it. We've never had any sexual interactions besides kissing. Hunter was simply a friend I had known for years and messed around with. We both agreed to save ourselves for our mates. Hunter and I knew we weren't mates but if we were I'd be okay with that. Anyway, enough about Hunter and I. Tonight was the pack bonfire. It was night of fun and bonding. My pack was like one big happy family. Even though we've had our differences, we all put it aside for pack events like this.