Chapter 4: Starlight Crush

Thalia paled as Falling Star’s eyes clouded with tears. It was a no, then. The natural beauty turned away from the wreck, not wanting to look at the scorched, emaciated bodies of her sister’s family. Her chest heaved and she quietly sobbed. Thalia looked lost, like she had no idea what to do. She awkwardly sat next to Falling Star and slowly put an arm around her shoulders. Falling Star turned to the other girl and buried her head in her leader’s chest. Thalia involuntarily gasped, but held down her emotions. It was not the time to force herself on the other girl. They sat that way for a while, until the sun slipped below the horizon and the world plunged into darkness. The stars came out then, bright and brilliant and filled with memories of time long past. Thalia looked up at the stars as she silently beckoned Falling Star to gaze up at the legendary stellar symbols. She told Falling Star the story of Zoe the Huntress, the former lieutenant of Lady Artemis and the Hunt. She told Falling Star about how she sacrificed herself to rescue the goddess of the moon at the cost of her own life at the hands of her father, the titan Atlas. She spoke of how Zoe and she could have been sisters if things went differently. Falling Star was quiet, Thalia never really talked about her time before becoming a hunter. It was a sore topic and she respected it. She felt pride in the fact that Thalia told her, the newbie huntress, this when she told no one else before. Falling Star smiled softly, tears dried on her coppery red cheeks, as she whispered a thank you to her idol. Thalia in return gazed down at her, getting lost in Falling Star’s (Lily’s) stunning hazel eyes. She bent her head down and lightly kissed her forehead, a light blush unnoticeable by the night sky gracing itself on her cheeks. Falling Star looked up at her, befuddled, before smiling brightly and hugging Thalia tightly. Thalia returned the hug as they both continued looking at the stars lighting up the night sky.