Chapter Twelve

Josh's Pov

I quickly drove my car as fast as I could to JJ’s house. I hoped that he wouldn't mind if I was late. By thirty minutes. That wasn't that much. I mean, it wasn't like we were doing something important. Except for singing. Sigh, Union J was barely formed and George already thought we should audition for X-Factor. Now he wants to practice almost every day. Currently we’re finishing our first song, Carry You, and I think it’s amazing. Now the big thing is actually making a music video for it. Wait! Darcy could help us film it…I seen many of her videos and they’re amazing. Maybe this will help ease George’s mind.

I pulled up on to his driveway and tapped on his garage door where the rest of Union J was practicing. “Josh!” George called,”Get your ass in here!” I sighed, I should’ve expected that coming. I walked over to the door and opened it to see George’s worried face right in front of me. “Do you care to explain why you’re late?” he asked.

“I actually have an excuse.” I explained as we walked in. JJ was adjusting the mics and Jaymi was doing something on his laptop.

George’s expression softened. “What is it?” he asked with a hint of curiosity.

“You won’t believe who’s my new neighbor.”

JJ joked up,”Is it Jade from Little Mix?” I shook my head, he knew how much I was obsessed with her even though she's way to old for me.

"Don't make me flick this rubber band at you!" I retorted and showed JJ my rubber band that I always wore because he sometimes got on my nerves. He flinched cause he hates those rubber bands.

“Shh!” Jaymi shushed JJ. “I want to hear Josh’s pitiful excuse.”

I continued,” I was going to practice then I heard this girl singing on the piano. It was from next-door so I went to check it out. Turns out Genny’s daughter moved in with her. And you won’t believe who it is…it’s Darcy Jae!”

The lads gaped at me. “Wait, are you serious?” JJ asked.

“Dead serious.” I responded.

“Darcy Jae as in….Darcylovesyou2 aka one of the best British cover artists!!!” Jaymi pushed.

I nodded. “She even said she could help us with filming our music video for ‘Carry  You’!’’ That’s when George fainted onto the ground. We all rushed to him as he got up.

“You’re not joshing with us right?” he asked.

 ”Why would I be kidding about something epic like this?”

“Prove it.” Jaymi said.

“Fine,” I whipped out my phone,’’ I’ll call her right now.” I went on my contacts list and found her number. She put it under Darcy Jae:). I sighed as I pressed the call button. After the first three rings Jaymi shook his head. “I doubt you actually do have her number.”

But after that she picked up,”Hey Josh! What’s up?”

“Nothing much Jae.” I answered. George started hyperventilating then and had to sit down. “I was just calling to ask if you could help us film our music video for our new song.”

“Yeah sure,” she replied, ”Do you wanna come over tommorrow with all the guys? I just finished editing the Lighters video and it’s a hit!”

“Great!” I said. “We’ll be there around nine. Thanks so much Jae.”

“No prob. See ya then!” she cheerfully said as she hung up. I turned to face the lads.

“Oh my gosh, you weren’t joking!” George said.