Chapter 3- Pain

Listen to:
A Thousand Years- feat. Steve Kazee [Part 2]
By Christina Perri

Chase's pov

"Chase, over hear!" Douglas commanded as I ran into the living corders. Gasps went off as people saw her. Most of the students covered their mouths as others just stood there.

I looked down at Bree and noticed that my hands were dark red. She was bleeding, a lot.

All eyes were on Bree as I gave her to Douglas, I didn't want to but I knew it was best for her. He gently put her on the counter as he started CPR. I ran over to other side of the counter, put one hand under head to stop the bleeding and with the other I held her hand.

"Come on, Bree!" Douglas shouted as he pounded her chest. Her body jolted with each pound.

7 pumps then a breath in her mouth

I was getting more worried as the blood was coming out faster.

Then she violently awoke choking on water. We all sat her up as it poured out if her mouth. My heartbeat began slowing as I saw the light pink flow back into her face. I couldn't take my eyes off her. She took a few shaky breaths before deeply inhaling the air she desperately longed for.

"Ouch" she said as she put one hand to the back of her skull. I was still holding her other one.

"No, no. Don't touch it" Mr. Davenport grabbed her hand "alright I want all the students out of the room. Go try and get the water out of my training room or something, just don't cause another accident." All the students nodded and ran out.

It was just me, Bree, Leo, Adam, Mr. Davenport and Douglas in the room. The rest examined her head, but I stayed right beside her as she took small shallow breaths.

She looked at me, then down at our entangled hands. She smiled as she looked back at me. But her smile quickly faded as she flinched.

"Oh ouch!" She clenched her teeth and squeezed her eyes shut.

"I know I'm sorry. You must've really hit your head on something hard. There is a big gash back here that were cleaning and sowing up right now, try not to move." Douglas exclaimed.

Before, watching Bree get hurt was just like seeing any sibling get hurt. She was my sister and I cared for her, but now this is different. After finding out that we are not related about two weeks ago, I see Bree so differently now. I can't help but smile every time I see her. She makes me feel so happy. Every opportunity I have I just stare at her beautiful face. Finding out I am in love with her flipped my world upside down. I would be the luckiest man in the world if I could call her mine. And now seeing her like this kills me. Watching her cry out for help and flinch in pain makes me sick to my stomach. I would do anything in the world to change positions. I just want her in my arms, telling her everything will be okay. All I want to do is make sure she's safe and happy, whether that's with or without me. I'll never stop loving her. 

Bree's pov

I feel like crap. My head is pounding and I can't move anything. Douglas said he gave me pain medication but my body rejected it. So now I'm sitting on the couch trying to be as still as possible. I don't remember hitting my head at all. The last thing I remember was pounding on the training room door as I went under water. Adam said that Leo blasted the door and Chase grabbed me. Then he ran me back here, where I died but then was brought back to life. The next thing I remember was, looking at Chase. He was soaking wet and the concerned look on his face made me smile. Crazy day for me.

"Hey, you feeling any better?" I familiar voice asked. I could hear foot steps as Chase then squatted on the floor next to my face, rubbing my back. He was wearing fresh clothes but his eyes were red and puffy, like he had been crying.

"A little, thank you." I said, then I noticed he was hiding something behind his back. "What's that?" I pointed to his hand.

He smiled, "a little something that will make you very happy" he revealed a small syringe filled with blue liquid. Automatically I knew that it was healing serum.

"Oh Chase, you have no idea how happy that makes me!" I laughed, closing my eyes knowing that the pain will vanish.

"Hold still" he whispered. His warm hand gently grasped my arm, making me shiver. As he entered the needle into my skin, I could it feel working instantly. My headache began to get weaker and weaker. "There," he said standing up "you should be completely healed in about two hours." He smiled.

"Thank you again Chase." I smiled as my eyes began to be heavy, before I knew it I was asleep.

Thanks for reading!!!!! Please please comment if this is good!? I don't know if I should keep writing, so please comment your thoughts!! Thank you!