~Prologue~

Prologue~

Empty. Emotionless. Ugly. Abandoned. Alone. Friendless. Ignored. Invisible. Cold. Detached.

Some words that I think describe me and some that others think that describe me. To some people, you may find this sad. Which, I guess it is if you cared. To others, they may look at me for someone who just wants attention. I don't really give a damn about what society or what others think. Because, it isn't true. But they can think what they may, I'm sure not stopping them. People can judge me all they want but it doesn’t matter. They don’t know my life story or anything else like that. No, they just think based on what they see.

Some of those things are true, though. At least, I hope I’m achieving that level of invisibility and detachment that I need to get through the day. It’s better for me not to get close to someone. It’s a win-win situation really because, in the end, I don’t get hurt and they don’t have to try to hide their pity or disgust or their sympathy. No need to gain anymore unnecessary pain.  As long as I maintain my distance as much as possible then I’ll be fine.

Distance and solitude from the crowd. The “oh-so-original” crowd that everyone strives so hard to be like. To be distant and not get caught in the hustle and bustle of the average person. Distant from those you can hurt you and end up tearing your heart into hundreds, thousands of pieces. What happened to me makes me want to distance myself. To not get hurt again. Of course things don’t always go as planned.

My plan to not get hurt by distancing myself from any form of affection or love outside of my mom and brother got sabotaged. When HE came, everything was the opposite of predicted. Not only did HE get to my heart in ways I didn’t want, HE got into my family’s heart, along with HIS family. HE couldn’t understand the concept of ‘No’.

What am I? Alone.  Now keep it that way.

A/N I am personally against all forms of bullying. In this story, my main character gets bullied:( has to be done. I have included a video link to a clip about bullying and how harmful it is. Like this book, it is PG-13 and up. Check it out, it is heart wrenching and made me cry.