"Can I give you a ride?"

•••4•••
You finally pull up in your driveway and immediately you open the car door and rush to get inside. "Wait Y/N!" You hear Alex yell as you make your way to the front door of your house opening it and hear your mother's voice. "Hey Y/N honey, how was school?" She asks you as she's preparing dinner. You run up your stairs while yelling, "Horrible!" You get to your room and open your door. Once you're inside your room, you shut your door forcefully. You sit on your bed, and your head falls into your hands. You lean over, and fall onto your bed. You start to feel hot tears rolling down your face and you start crying into your pillow. You end up crying yourself to sleep. You hear your alarm go off, it's 6:00. You decide to get up earlier than you usually do today. You get dressed, do your hair, and make your way downstairs. Usually you wake up at 6:30 if you aren't late. You're the only one awake right now. You get your books together in your bag, and grab a banana to eat. You decide that if you leave now and walk, you'll get to school on time. You honestly don't even want to see Alex, and don't want to be stuck inside of a car with him for 10 minutes either. You write a note saying, "I'm walking today, have a good day mom. Love Y/N xx." You stick it to your mother's coffee maker, because that's the first thing she goes to in the morning, so she'll see it. You open the door and make your way down the street. You open your music on your phone, and plug in your earphones. You listen to music while walking for about 7 or 8 minutes before you hear a car coming and see it slow down next to you. "Unbelievable." You whisper to yourself before taking your earphones out and walking up to the car as the window rolls down. It's Luke. "Hey Y/N , I know you probably don't want to see me right now, but it's cold out there. Can I give you a ride?" He asks looking into your eyes waiting for the answer. You open the door, without a word, and get in. "Sorry about yesterday." You say under your breath and lowly. "It's fine Y/N I get it. A pretty girl like you, and a boy like me? I wasn't expecting you to like me. Everything's good." He looks at you with his icy blue eyes and gives you a slight smile before turning away and putting his eyes on the road again. You think to yourself. "Pretty? Huh?..." And the rest of the way you both don't say much. You can't help but to look down at his ripped black skinny jeans, and his Nirvana t-shirt. You notice something different about him. "Luke look at me." You say and he looks at you, his eyes filled with concern. "What's wrong Y/N?" He asks and you reply, "Nothing..but..bu...Luke you got a lip piercing? When did that happen?" You ask smiling, half giggling. He looks down embarrassed and his cheeks filling with redness. "I know it looks stupid.. I shouldn't have gotte-" you cut him off by saying, "No Luke it's fine! It looks great on you, you look grea-." You stop before you say something you'll regret. "I look great?" He asks pushing you teasingly with his hand on your knee. "No Luke I mean, I'm not saying you don't look great I just.." "It's okay Y/N." He says. You finally arrive at school, you both walk in. Your lockers are a few lockers away from each other so he waits for you to get your things when he's finished getting his. "I'll walk you to class." He says and you both walk down the hallway to Math. Once you get there, you stop and look at each other. "Thanks for the ride, Luke. It means a lot to me." You say giving him a smile afterwards. He says, "Anytime, pretty lady." Before leaning in and pressing a light kiss on your cheek and walking off to his class. You walk in, find your seat and get to work. You think, "What has gotten into him? Pretty lady? Lip piercing.?" This is a different side of Luke than you're used to seeing, but you like it.