Crush?

•••3•••
Luke says, "Oh really, Y/N? A crush on me? Wow." He says it with a slight smirk and continues to stare at you, waiting for your response. You think for a while before replying, why would Luke say something like this? It doesn't seem like him. You say in a heavily sarcastic voice, "Of course I do, who wouldn't?" Before going into a fit of laughter. The teacher turns around and tells you all to quiet down. You and Luke just look at each other, smiling. Detention is over and you have one last class before going home again, and you have Luke as a partner. You both sit next to each other in the back of the class. You get into your seat and Luke follows after you. "So um..do you really have a crush on me?" Luke asks shyly. You think for a long time and say, "I'm not really sure, I mean..you're cu-..." You cut yourself off and continued your sentence with a quiet, "No, but you're an amazing friend, Luke."
You say, regretting every word coming out of your mouth. You and Luke do your work, without saying anything. The bell rings and you rush to get everything packed and you get out the door to meet Alex at the stop sign you guys always meet at. You see him and run to him, grabbing him by his jacket sleeve and rushing to get into his car. "Thanks a lot Alex." You say angrily, and on the ride home you don't say a word.