Chapter 1

When my mom decided to marry my stepfather, Simon, we had to move. It wasn't such a bad thing since I could start all over. I've gone through so much and was happy to get away from the drama I never wanted to be apart of. I was also glad I didn't have to see the jerk of my ex-boyfriend, Travis, who cheated on me with my ex-best friend Danielle. He was so controlling and manipulating yet I couldn't let go of these feelings for him. He had a way with words and every single time he let me down, he managed to convince me one way or another that I was overreacting. I would try to reason with how he treated me, from being overwhelming suffocating to completely ignoring me for days. To make matters worse I was always the shadow of Danielle. She demanded the spotlight and ALWAYS got it. I was always invisible while everyone worshipped her. I mean who can blame her? She had beautiful blonde hair that glistened in the sunlight with soft green eyes and an athletic body. She was gorgeous and she knew it, never letting me forget if she ever felt threatened by anyone - including me. 

I never liked the attention. I tried to stay away from calling any to myself and left it all to them. Not that I could anyway. I was your average 17 year old with long dark brown hair and soft brown eyes and an average slender fit. 

Anyways I ended up moving to CADA, California Academy of Dance and performing Arts. Moving on my senior year was not the greatest but it wasn't just any school! It was one of the top schools where many talented people were scouted from. We focused on arts from signing to dancing yet we had academics as well. It was also mandatory to stay on campus and sleep in the in-school dorms for safety reasons. Being a rigorous academy there was always bound to be hardcore competition. There were even rumors of people "getting rid of the competition"  in order to get ahead.  Apart from that everything seemed quite wonderful. I had no trouble auditioning because Simon was in the Board of Trustee. Nevertheless, with my background they were happy with my performance audition.

"I'm gonna miss you, Mia!" said my mom while sobbing like there's no tomorrow.

"I'll be okay mom, I'll call you if anything." I said calmly but on the inside I was dying of nerves.

After settling and the "Are you sure you wanna stay" speech from my mom, I made my way to my room. There was no sight of me having a roommate anytime soon. I decided to unpack and arrange some of my things around. As I was unpacking I realized I found one of Travis's old black and blue hoodies and couldn't help but feel down. Why did I miss him? He hurt me. It used to be my favorite hoodie to wear until I saw Danielle with it, the day I found out they cheated. I just tossed it by my desk chair and continued cleaning. 

  After a few hours I realized I was starving and decided to head to the lounge. This place was amazing, they had from fruit to sushi to oriental snacks. I went to serve myself a smoothie as quickly as possible to get to my dorm and just rest for the remainder of the evening. As I turned to return to my dorm, I bumped into someone and spilled all my milkshake.

"Ow!! Oh gosh! I'm so sorry! I didn't see you and I spilled milkshake all over your shirt!" I said worried, rubbing off the milkshake with my long sleeve but all he did was stare at me. He stared at me with an awe-struck vibe. Honestly I couldn't stop staring either, he looked angelic almost.

"umm, no worries... my... you're so adorable.. I'm sorry... I've never seen you here.. Are you new?" asked the mystery guy.

"...umm.. Oh! Yeah, I'm Mia! I'm a senior." I said still fazed by him.

"I'm Zayn! and I'm also a senior!" he says laughing and laughs even more.

"Why are you laughing?.." I ask panicking. Did I just make a complete fool out of myself on my first day?

"You do realize we're still laying on the floor?" He said with the most cutest smirk ever.

"Omg I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to..." I say standing up, feeling a tad bit relieved.

I had white pants and felt the milkshake going down. I started panicking because even as he was drenched in it, he looked so effortlessly beautiful.

"Oh gosh... uh.. I gotta go!.." I yelped, running towards the exit. I hear him say something but I was out before I knew it.

Zayn POV

" Wait! What's your number?.." I say but she's already out the door.

Gosh, was she beautiful. Her smile and hair were perfect on her. She had to be new because it was hard to get admitted with limited spots. We all knew each other here being no more than 40 students. I tried looking around but didn't have much luck as many places were restricted to certain people.  I made my way back to the dorm with my best friend Liam. He was on his phone talking to his girlfriend, Eleanor, on the phone. "I'll talk to you later, babe alright? Love you so much." he said as he hung up the phone. He stared at me up and down before laughing.

"Dude, why are you covered in milkshake???" asks Liam.

"I met this new girl and she's adorable and ughhhhh." I say still in a daze.

"Woooo, whats her name? Did you get her digits?" He says playfully.

"No! she ran out before I even asked!"

"If she's new and adorable as you say, you might wanna make the catch before the other guys start going at it.." he says suddenly naughty.

"Oh I gotta find her..." I say running to the door.

" Wait Zayn what about your....." was all I heard Liam say as I ran out the dorm.

Mia POV

I'm glad I got into my dorm on time and got to change out of this outfit. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed.. "who is this guy?" I thought to myself.  I went back to the lounge and started preparing myself another smoothie. I was so hungry but now something else clouded my mind. I couldn't get Zayn out of my head. He seemed so... perfect. This is the first guy that has made me feel this way in a long time but I mean what was I saying? I just met this guy! At least I wasn't thinking about Travis anymore. If only I had asked him for his number, his dorm number.. anything. Who am I kidding though? He would never be interested. I just needed to see him again.

"Mia?"

I turned around, half hoping it was him with butterflies in my stomach. However to my surprise it wasn't Zayn. It was my ex boyfriend Travis.