Chapter 2

Never Let You Go

Chapter 2:

"Now you," Leigh said, pointing at me, "My darling, need to go find a job. I'm not paying the rent all by myself."

I sighed, looking away from her and towards the mirror in the hall. "I'll start looking today."

"You should check out the mall. That's where I'm working. OMG we could work together!" She squealed.

I laughed. "Okay where do you work?" I asked curiously.

"I work at American Apparel!"

"Well I'm not exactly American... But I'll look there."

Leigh squealed again, clapping her hands together.

"Alright then, leggo." She tugged my hand, pulling me out the door.

"Do you use American slang a lot?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"Ha, you'll get used to it, dear." She exclaimed, walking up to her car garage, throwing her keys up in the air. She pressed the unlock button to as I heard a small beep come from the driveway. She typed in a few digits to the garage door as it opened.

"Voila." She gestered her hand towards her car. I almost barfed at the scene.

"Ew." I said aloud.

She smirked, as she opened the door to the drivers seat as I opened the door to the passenger's. I slid into the seat, hoping it wouldn't crumble under my weight.

"This old feller was my grandfathers," Leigh said, tapping her seat. Her voice changed into a mocking older voice. "Had it since he was just a wee leetle boy."

I laughed at her tone. I said, "Okay well grandma let's hit the pedal and go."

Leigh pressed the gas, backing up out of the driveway. Once she was fully out, she turned the car around and started driving at probably the slowest pace I have ever ridden or driven in.

Leigh must have read my thoughts.

She said, "If I go any faster, this car might break. And I don't want that."

"Might be a good thing, though." I said, with a hint of sarcasm.

Leigh narrowed her eyes at me. "Are you dissin Margaret?" She asked, rubbing the wheel and making a purring noise.

I snorted. "You are so weird."

She laughed. "Well, normal is boring."

***

"Good news," The boss at American Apparel said, handing me a form. "There's an open job here. If you get this filled out you can start today." His voice was plain and dry, but my eyes still lightened with pleasure.

"Thank you so much!" I exclaimed, tucking the form beneath my arm. "I promise I won't let you down with this job!"

The boss just grunted in response, as he walked away towards the back room.

I was shocked for a second, as I just stood there unblinking at his annoyed gesture. But I shook it off as I headed towards the food court to fill out the forms.

After I had grabbed a slice of pizza and a soda, I sat down at a booth on my own, lightly sipping my coke with a pencil in hand.

Bright lights flashed in the corner of my eye as I looked around bewildered.

It was quite noticeable of the large circle surrounding someone of paparazzi, as they hurriedly tried to catch up to whomever they were trying to snap a good shot of and write some gossip on. I rolled my eyes. They need to get a real job.

***

I handed my boss the applications back for my job. He quickly looked through them- barely even skimming the words. "Um, no interview?" I asked him.

He ignored my question. "Congratulations, you got the job." He said with flat enthusiasm. "You can start by organizing clothes over there." He pointed towards the male section.

I was too happy that I got the job where I can work with my best friend to care where I was working. I started with folding some clothes that were sprawled across a t-shirt table.

I looked up across the table to the checkout desk, where Leigh was working. After she handed the costumer her change she looked at me and gave me a thumbs up. I smiled in reply.

I stopped my folding when I saw the flashes of light again. This time, a screaming of girls accompanied the flashing lights.

I saw the store's door open quickly as a male figure stepped in, closing the door as quickly as it was opened and pressing against the frame, keeping the crowd of people outside. I didn't get a good look at his face, as I ignored this celebrity. I didn't get fame, I mean what makes the person so special? Sure, they're talented and all, but so are rocket scientists! And we don't obsess over them!

"Can someone keep this door closed for me?" The celebrity commanded. A worker came forward, pushing against the door at his honor. But who does this person think they are, ordering the store around for his own needs?

A particular thought nagged at me, pushing me to sense the familiarity of the voice. My breath hitched in my throat as he walked over into the section I was folding clothes in, as I looked out of the corner of my eye to get a better look at his face now that he was close to me.

It was him. The one that had forgotten about me, breaking my heart. It was Justin Bieber.

A/N

Aghhhh so Justin's finally here!!!

Lots more drama coming this way...

PLEASE vote, comment, share this story! Thank you so much! xx