Chapter 4

Never Let You Go:

Chapter 4-

Julie's POV:

I struggled to reach the top of the shelf with my short figure.

"Cory?" I called over my shoulder.

I looked over to the tall figure that worked here.

He gave me a questioning face.

"A little help?" I asked.

"Sorry," he pointed to the back room. "I need to help with these boxes."

I sighed. Frowning, I looked outside the store. One of the glass doors was pushed open as a hooded person walked in.

He curiously looked about the store, obviously looking for something.

He spotted it where I was.

I watched him as he walked over to where I was standing.

"Need a little help?" A familiar voice spoke.

I looked over again at the figure. He smiled and pulled down his sunglasses.

He whispered, "It's me, Justin."

I raised my eyebrows in response.

"Really?" I said sarcastically.

Justin nodded. "So do you need help?"

As much as it hurt to, I was suffering quite a bit with these clothes.

"Okay, I just need to hang these up." I said, pointing to a long pole with hangers.

"Gladly." Justin said, stepping on the stool. I waited as he reached without much difficulty to do my job.

Once he finished, he stepped down and faced me.

I casually looked away, suddenly interested in something else.

"Why don't you like me?" Justin said abruptly. This remark certainly surprised me, as I wasn't expecting him to say this.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You know," he started. "You intentionally ignore me."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Not everyone's going to like you, Justin."

He narrowed his eyes, trying to read me. A smile started to spread on his face. "I know why. I know exactly why."

A knot started growing in my stomach. So he remembered?

"You do like me. You're just trying to play hard to get, aren't you?"

I frowned, shaking my head.

"Why can't you just accept the fact that I don't like you?" I turned and walked away, leaving a shocked Justin standing there.

I heard him walk away and out of the store.

"Julie!" The manager of the store stormed up to me. "Cashier duty. Now."

I nodded, heading over to the desk.

"Who was that?" Leigh asked, packing up since it was her last shift.

I shrugged. "Just a costumer."

The doors were pushed open once again as a man in a suit and tie walked through. You could tell by the way he stood and walked he was quite professional.

My boss walked up to him as they talked for a moment, then looked at me. I immediately blushed on instinct. Was I going to be fired? Did I do something illegal? Was it because I lost a costumer?

My worried personality took over as all these what-ifs flooded my brain.

Both my boss and the professional man walked over to me, making me slightly uncomfortable as I shifted on my feet.

"Julie," My boss started. "I would like you to meet Michael Smith. He would like to speak to you for a bit." He gestered to me and walked away, leaving us some privacy. As he walked by me, he nudged my shoulder and whispered, "This is a big deal. Don't blow it." I nodded in reassurance.

Michael, the proffesional guy, held out a warm hand as I awkwardly shook it.

"So you're Julie," he said knowingly, since my boss had said it not too long ago.

I nodded.

"I'm a manager for a modelling company, and passing by this store the few times I have," he took his glasses off and cleaned them, then put them back on. "I've noticed you in here."

My eyes almost popped out of my head. Was I being offered a modelling job?

"Have you had any experience with modelling before?"

I frowned, hoping this wouldn't change his decision making.

"No not exactly. Unless you count school pictures." I smiled at my little joke.

However, Smith didn't find it too funny. "This is a serious profession, Julie. And I'm hoping you will take it seriously."

My facial expression changed in a more nutreul tone. "Yes, Mr. Smith."

"Great. Here's the address, and my number if you need anything."

I smiled, excited with this new job offer. "Thank you very much!"

He walked away as my hands shook with the piece of paper in my hand, never expecting any of this to occur.

***

"I'd like you all to meet Julie, she's just starting out. If she needs any help, I will be expecting you all to assist." Michael put his hands on my shoulders. I smiled at everyone, as they smiled back. Well, they seemed friendly enough.

After a course of a few weeks, I had already had multiple photo shoots. "I think your a natural, Julie." One of my photographers said, winking at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Ha ha, very funny, Martin." I spit back, enunciating his name which everyone knew he hated.

"I'm not even kidding this time!" Martin raised his hands in the air in protest.

I ignored him as my manager walked up to me.

"C'mere Julie." He said, motioning me towards him. I followed lead into a small back room.

"Now you see here, I have a friend. His names Scooter. He's got a- erm - boy in a music video. He was asking if one of my girls would like to be in the this video. Now you're doing quite well for just a rookie, so maybe you would like to participate in it? It's a chance of a life time I tell you."

"What is the song?" I asked him curiously.

"As Long As You Love Me, by Justin Bieber," a smile grew on his face. "Maybe you heard of it?"

A fake smile was let onto my own face to hold back the pain. "Oh, well, you see.." I began, but was inturrupted.

"-i knew you wanted to do it! I had already told Scooter it was a yes! Aren't you excited?!"

His tone changed as Micheal high fived me, me giving not the least bit of enthusiasm.

"Plus it's well paid." He added, winking.

"And that's enough for me." I responded, adding a small giggle in the end.

Who knew this could be one of the biggest mistakes of my life?

A/N

I know I had promised publishing it early, but this week I literally had no time to post it because I had something to do every day after school!

So sorry about the late posting, and it's kinda short, I know.

Please comment, share, and vote!

Love you all! Xxx