Morning

Okay, so I mentioned a writing project at the end of the last chapter, and I changed this a bit and turned it in. I didn't change everything, however, and any good plagiarism checker would've found this. So I unpublished this until she got finished grading. Sorry about that. I had a hard time writing past the ending on this, so I just ended it where it was and am going to continue next time.

I had a pleasant start to the day.

There were a series of loud bangings, like metal against metal.

"Wake UP!" I heard Lindsay yell from the other side of the door.

"Why?" I mumbled. "The lights aren't even on yet..." I started to fall asleep again. The door slid open and Lindsay strode through.

She put her hands on my shoulders and shook me. "Wake up," She said, louder than I would have preferred.

I fell out of the bed and onto my face. I didn't move. "What is so important as to interrupt my sleep?" I asked, muffled by the carpet against my cheek.

"We're gonna go eat breakfast with Phil. You need to be in tip-top shape to show yourself. I'm here to make sure that you look absolutely fabulous."

"And I'm not fabulous on my own?"

"Not this early in the morning you aren't."

I pushed myself away from the floor and up into a sitting position on the bed. "How is it that you can make yourself look "fabulous," but you need to assist me in doing so?" I grabbed a clean set of clothes from my closet. "I'll be back in a few. You just keep yourself entertained as I do so."

I went into my bathroom and ran a brush through my hair until my bedhead was gone, brushed my teeth, and put on a clean set of clothes.

Grabbing the set I just changed out of, I went back into the bedroom. Lindsay was sitting on my bed, peacefully. It was too peaceful.

"What did you do?" I asked, sighing.

"So you really did think that I was a model before I came here."

I rubbed my forehead. "So I take it you read my journal. May I ask, why?"

"Well, you said that I couldn't read it so I thought, Oh yeah, sure I can't, and it was just sitting there. I also wanted to honestly know what you thought of this place. I've had people lie to me, and I wanted to know for sure whether you liked it or hated it or what."

"Do remember that you promised me it would be private."

"I was pretty sure that you wouldn't think I counted by now."

I sighed and looked at my ceiling. "You do not."

"Oh, and on day two, in the tailor's room, do you remember what you wrote about that?"

"I remember writing that I thought that you were a model."

"You also said that you thought the Tailor was with me, and how you got a bit jealous. Do you remember any of that?"

I felt a little blood rush to my cheeks. "Um..."

"Well, I was actually thinking the same about you. Except, you know, he couldn't already be with you."