Filler chapter

The next few days went by smoothly, neither of them mentioned what happened in the park; Rick disregarded it as another bump in the road where none of them was actually really harmed or broken. However, for Chelsea, it was worse than any other mocking she has ever experienced because it was in front of Rick, the same Rick she was supposed to be protecting. Moreover, the fact that, that sensitive content was put to light to Rick so abruptly made Chelsea's head shake. A simple 10 year old like Rick Grimes should not have been exposed to the bitter-hatred of this world at a young age. She put on a warm but false smile in front of Rick since then but inside she knew that the last thing that she is, is happy.

Rick has been playing around the park for a good ½ hour. silently hoping that the nameless kid with a slingshot would come around, Rick's slick curls stuck to his forehead along with a thick sheet of sweat, he wipes his face with the back of his hand every few seconds to keep sweat away from his eyes. "Rick" a kid called behind him, as Rick turns to him, he saw that it actually was Felix "d'ya wanna play?" Felix quips, Rick glanced at the bright purple ball in Felix's hands and back-up at his freckle-dusted face, he then nods at him and said, "Sure,Felix"

The two boys played ball even as people came and went, some kids were watching them from afar and some had the courage to ask them if they could join them. Thank god, they did because if they gawk a bit more they could be mistaken for stalkers. When a kid opens the gate to the park, Rick tenses up a bit because there was always a chance that the nameless kid would step inside the park with his slingshot and aims it again at Rick. He wanted to open up the topic to Felix but he was afraid that it would sour Felix's mood.

Time went by slowly when Felix went home, all Rick had were his monster trucks, tiny archers and army men. The gate park creaked with an eerie scrape. Rick looked at the gate so fast; he could have had whiplash. It's him. The, "Hide around the bushes" kid. Metaphorically and Literally. Rick's smile was wide and genuine as the kid looked at him; he waved his hand at him enthusiastically. He gathered up all his toys in both of his arms, not caring if he left a few army men behind and he waltzed up to the other boy with long and quick strides, "Hiya" he greets with a high-pitched, unnatural voice. If a death stare would really kill you, Rick would be dead...not just dead-dead more like, undead. More like, he died and came back alive and died again. Rick's warm hands suddenly became ice cold as the other boy stared him down, "What's your name?" Rick asks with a shaky voice, he avoided Rick's eyes as he whispers, "Daryl". His wispy bangs covering the remainder of his face, he avoided looking into Rick's innocent and big doe eyes.

"So... D'ya wanna play? Here, you can have my favorite." Rick says to him as he handed Daryl a small archer with a crossbow that's too big for they toy's clampy hands, "You can be the Archer and I can be the-" Rick trails off as he searches for the perfect toy for himself. "I can be the Sheriff," Rick continued, holding up a small colt revolver that's akin to Daryl's silver crossbow.

I decided to continue this story, so here's a filler chapter to take things back on track.