Aren't Mates a Myth?

STEFAN POV
I walked down the stairs to find Damon drink Bourbon as usual. "Damon I'm going to Elena's place to help prepare for Jenna's funeral" "Im coming with" Damon replied.

I got into my 1963 Porsche 356 Karmann Coupe. "Why couldn't we take my car" Damon complained. "Its way better than urs." "You don't need to come with me Damon" I said by rolling my eyes. He does the littlest things to get on my nerve. "Damon try to be sympathetic when we reach there" i instructed. "Dont worry Stefan your starting to get frown lines." I see the Gilbert house and pull up to the driveway and notice a black GT-R. Who could that belong to i thought to myself. Looking at Damon's confused face i know he was thinking the same. I got out of my car and walked up towards the stairs with Damon following behind me. I open the door knowing its never locked, and walked inside. Caroline, Bonnie, and Elena were in the living room, and I heard Matt, Tyler, Jeremy, and someone else in the dining room. Damon and i walked to the living room to let our presence known.

"Hi Stefan" Caroline said. I smiled towards her. "What Blondie no Hi for me" Damon said. I rolled my eyes. Typical Damon Elena notice me and smiled but i know it was forced. I sat beside her and held her hand "how are you doing Elena" I said. I could see the tears start to form in her eyes. I could see her trying to be strong and not cry. "Im doing as good as any person who would be in the same position as me" i kissed her forehead and smiled. "Who's car was in the drive way" Damon ask. "That was Elena's sister car shes here for Jenna's Funeral" Bonnie answered. "Oh the one that caused your parents to die" Damon said. Not caring how rude that sounded.

I notice Caroline and Bonnie glaring at Damon. Deciding to change the subject i said "do you guys need any help with preparing the food" "No were done were just waiting for the ones in the oven" Elena replied. "Well im gonna see the other Gilbert" Damon said. By Elena and Damon arguing we had reached the dining room, and i looked to see a girl with light brown hair, and light brown eyes MATE That was screaming in my head. I have heard people talk about mates but i thought it was a myth. I love Elena I dont believe in this mate stuff. I looked away from her, and just continued on with what Damon and Elena were saying.

DAMON POV
I really wanted to know who this other Gilbert was but Elena kept telling me to not to talk to her. I tuned Elena out on the reasons why I looked at her MATE

WHAT THE FUCK i thought to myself. This cant be serious a fucken mate. Mates are a myth. I looked away from her. I love Elena despite her not loving its going to be her and always her.

-------------------------------------------------------
HEEEEY GUYS!
It is weird that im already thinking about ship names with Diana and Damon and Stefan and Diana even though they are not together

DIAMON & STEFANA
Still working on the Stefan and Diana one

ANYWAY writing is actually a lot harder then i thought. This is my 2nd attempt to write a TVD Fan Fiction. Hopefully you guys are liking it.