The Only Hope for Me Is You (Final)

a/n: i have 5k reads what omg thank. i also have slight writers block rip

okay, i just wanted to say that yes, this is the last chapter. i really needed to wrap shit up, and i already have ideas for the sequel. i love you guys so much, and to anyone else reading this in the future, you guys are great and this sequel is probably gonna be hella.

this is a filler basically bc i just need to say some shit that u guys are probably wondering abt (frnks mom, petekey is still going on dont worry, frnk's education, that's it.) it will be short, so bear with me.

Gerard's POV

"Why are you here?" Frank said as I stepped inside the house, taking off my jacket. I chuckled.

"It's my house. There was an early release today. Why are you here?" I sat down next to Frank, laying my head down in his lap. I looked up at him, and he was smiling.

"I'm off today. Convenient, hm?" I shook my head.

"No, something's wrong." I tugged at Frank's denim jacket, sitting up. Frank crinkled his eyebrows, shaking his head.

"Nothing's wrong, Gee. I'm okay, I promise." I looked dead at him, and he sighed.

"My mom's going to jail, Gee." Frank spoke very softly.

"That's good, right?" I watched as Frank shook his head, eyes glued to the ground. "Okay, not good. Why is that not good?" I spoke carefully, placing a hand on his knee.

"My other family members don't talk to me. It's like I don't exist to them, which I guess is true. If my mom goes to jail, I have no one left." I held his hand, squeezing it.

"I love you." I mumbled in his ear, kissing his cheek. "I know it's not the same, but I'll always be here for you, Frankie." He nodded, taking out his phone.

"Ray wants to know if he can come over and see me." I shrugged.

"Yeah."

|-/

"Gee, wake up." I groaned, almost falling off the couch.

"What?" I mumbled, rubbing my face. I blinked, looking around the room. I made eye contact with Ray, and I stood up and stretched.

"Sorry, sorry." Walking into the kitchen, I made myself a cup of coffee.

I walked past the both of them, opening the door that led to the basement.

"I'll be down here."

|-/

Frank's POV

"So your mom's going to jail." I nodded.

"When did you find out, dude?" Ray asked, ruffling my hair.

I shrugged. "I dunno, yesterday? I got a phone call." I ran a hand through my now messier hair, leaning back on Gerard's couch.

"Are you still gonna go to school, you know, now that she's not breathing down your neck?"

"I got into Rutgers University." Ray's eyes widened.

"That's great, man! Are you gonna do online classes?" I shook my head.

"Nah. I'll actually have a place to stay if I go."

"You're not planning on staying with Gerard?" I shook my head.

"I feel like I'm a burden on him. I guess it's better if I just leave. Besides, not a lot of people that I know are going to Rutgers. So I'll be fine, yeah?"

"Well make sure to stay in contact with me, alright?" I nodded, chuckling.

|-/

"College." Gerard said, leaning his head on my shoulder.

"Mhm, Rutgers University."

"That's not that far a drive from my house, you know."

"Then come visit me."

"I'd get in trouble."

"Get a job there, then."

"Oh come on, that means we'll have to sneak around again. And besides, it's hard to keep secrets at college. Rumours would start, I'd get fired, and you'd be known as the guy who dated Professor Way."

I shrugged. "You'll still stay in contact with me, right? Like, no matter what?" Gerard smiled, placing a hand on my knee.

"Of course, Frankie. Of course."

a/n: you know, i really feel like shit for this being so fucking short and this being the last chapter. but wow, i love all of you so much and thanks for 5k (as of rn)

- jay