II

"Han, where the heck were you?" I ranted as she burst into our apartment. She lifted up the shopping bags that were in her hands, and gave me one of her "Seriously Alex?" faces.

"Spoke too soon didn't ya Alex." She replied, setting the large bags on the small table that was our dining room.

"Hannah, you said we were going shopping after you finished your shift!"

"Well.., Um, I got caught off guard?"

"Do not talk to me like that Hannah Moore, or there WILL be consequences."

"You're not my mother."

I could totally tell this was going to be one of our pretend arguments, there was already a smirk on her face.

"I am too your mother. But I am secretly a king too."

She pulled out her invisible sword. "We shall have a duel to decide who shall be the ruler of this beautiful apartment. And who pays the rent. On guard?"

"Han, don't fencers say on guard? Not knights and kings? And, can we stop this battle? I'm hungry."

"Pizza okay?" she said walking towards the phone.

I nodded, and headed to my room. I picked up my phone, and checked my messages. I had a missed call from Robbie about an hour ago, probably telling me he was getting on the plane. Two texts from Hannah from earlier in the day, and a text from my friend Ashley, informing me that our physics experiment was cancelled tomorrow. I knew Hannah didn't have classes either, so I asked her if she wanted to drive to Santa Monica tomorrow. Her reply wasn't so clear, I could tell she had food in her mouth. But I could make out a "Sure" and "Bathing Suits". That probably meant pack bathing suits. I went to my closet, pulled out my large beach bag, and yanked open my drawer to grab my bikini, coverup, and tanning lotion. Maybe a day at the beach would get my mind off everything. I plug in my phone, so I can listen to music tomorrow. The music started blasting, and I flinched. That happened every time. I would plug in my phone, and my radio would automatically switch to m,usic.

"TURN IT OFF!" Hannah yells. "I'M WATCHING TV!"

I woke up early, Hannah had left the window open, and the sun had already arose. I checked my clock, it was already 7:04. The door was open too. I could hear sizzling in the kitchen. Hannah was making eggs and bacon. That's what I smelled. She was a great cook. I was really surprised, last night. Hannah didn't cook. Maybe she was just lazy. After all, she did have a lot of classes that day.

As I walked in the kitchen, the sun shone throughout our small apartment. It was a large rectangle, with semi-high ceilings. We had a nice size balcony, with a very large window. Our "hang room" -as we called it- was in the middle, with a light blue sectional, an matching ottoman. There was two yellow chairs settled in by the window, with a lamp and a table. A few months ago, me and Hannah tried to gather up money to buy a nice size flat screen. It was a good investment, we used it all the time. The kitchen was the first thing in the apartment, it was small, but it worked. As you would walk in the door, there was a little bar to your left, looking into the kitchen. We usually sat on the couch to eat, or on the balcony, but our small dining table was always piled up.

I stepped onto the stone cold 90's tile flooring. These floors were the only outdated thing in our apartment. My dad paid for everything to get renovated.

Hannah smiled in my direction "Morning sunshine" she said with glee.

"Good word choice Han." I smirked "It really is a good day for the beach."

"Guess what." She moved her body to uncover the pan that the eggs were in. "Sunnyside up."

I giggled, and grabbed one of our K-Cups from the cupboard. I gestured toward her favorite cup. "Do you want one?"

She nodded, and went back to work on the eggs.

*LATER THAT DAY (when they were in the car to the beach lol setting explanation what)*

I stepped out of Hannah's 2009 Pacifica, and put my sunglasses down onto my face. I felt good. I was wearing my high wasted acid wash sailor shorts, and a "can u not" shirt over my bikini. Hannah had said I would attract strangers, but I wasn't worried. Robbie was mine. Hannah grabbed the beach bag out of there back, and walked up with me to the pier. Earlier Hannah had insisted on playing volleyball, and I guest she still had that grudge, as she just started walking over to the net.

"Hannah do we have to?" I moaned.

"Yes, now shut up and play."

She lay her bags down on the sand, and joins in immediately. I stand by the sidelines, until someone on the other side waves my direction. I put my sunglasses down onto my nose to see who it is.

Ryan.