prom night • erejeanmarco

hey jean just text me when ur ready and i'll come pick u up.

Eren hit the send button, watching as his message was delivered to Jean, his boyfriend of two years. They started dating their sophomore year, and now they were both seniors and getting ready to go to their last prom together. Their relationship had been perfect so far, a little rocky spots here and there which were usually just minor arguments, nothing big, really. The only big thing Eren and Jean were both worried about was how to make it work when they headed off for different colleges.

Currently, the brunette huffed slightly as he stood in front of the mirror, trying to figure out what to do with his hair. Should he keep like it is, all in his forehead, or..? Sighing, Eren picked up a bottle of hair gel and squeezed some out onto the palm of his hand, proceeding to slick his hair back afterwards. He cocked his head while facing the mirror, flashing a grin into the glass and deciding that was good enough. Fidgeting with his tie a little, Eren looked down at his phone again. Still no messages from Jean, but definitely a ton of messages from his friends asking what time he was going to go.

don't know yet, whenever jean finally decides to text me back I guess.

Eren sent that message in a group text to Sasha, Connie, Reiner, Bert, Christa, Armin, Annie, and Ymir. He watched as the message was delivered, and then received by the majority of the group. Sasha, Armin, and Connie replied with "OK's", or "alright's", but most of them just didn't reply at all. That was totally fine with Eren, all he wanted was a reply from Jean in their private conversation. He set his phone back down on the bathroom counter again and sprayed himself a couple of times with some random cologne he rarely used, sniffing himself afterwards to see if it was just right.

"Goddammit." Eren wrinkled his nose upon finding out that he had, in fact, sprayed too much again. "Gross." The brunette fanned his nose with a hand, his other hand grabbing his phone as he hurried out of the bathroom that now reeked of cologne.

jean, if you do not reply now, I swear to god we're going to be late.

Eren wondered what was up with Jean as he sent that text. Usually, he would reply to his messages instaneously or in a few minutes, give or take, if he was a little busy. Jean wouldn't bail on him now, would he? Eren quickly shook his head at the thought. Of course he wouldn't, he didn't bail on him their junior prom or the countless homecoming dances they've been to. There would be no reason for him to bail now. Besides, senior prom was a pretty big thing that nobody wanted to miss.

Eren, u have to be assertive. Tell jean to hurry his ass up.