| ONE |

- NATE -

IT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME HOW MUCH how much I had to give up in exchange for an extraordinary life till it actually happened.

"Nate! Is it true that you're headed for a solo career?!" one man shouts, as several voices follow in pursuit.

"Are you and Jourdan getting married anytime soon? Clock's ticking, buddy!" another shouts. My hand clasps around Jourdan's much tighter than before and I could feel her grasping just as much. The van is insight and relief washed over my body as we climbed in. As the door shuts, the van immediately moves and I finally relaxed against warm leather.

"We've been together for what, 6 months now, and I don't think I could ever get used to this." Jourdan laughs, her head leaning on my shoulder. I turn to kiss her forehead and take out my phone, texting my sister that I'd be back soon.

"I wish you didn't even have to go through this, I don't understand how they could track my every single move. It's endless." I sigh as I look out the window, the lights of Los Angeles blazing harshly as ever.

I feel Jourdan's head lift up from my shoulders, and I take a good look at the girl who I called mine for 6 months.

Jourdan Palmer was a model. She wasn't known, but after the movie she got to do with A-List actors, she will be. The first time I saw her, I remember thinking that she was the kind of beautiful that was obvious. No one would dare call her ugly because there was nothing about her that was. Her black hair cascaded over her shoulders, eyes were the color of autumn leaves and her voice evident of British descent. She was perfect, and had a personality to match. She wasn't materialistic nor vain. No, she was kind and down-to-earth as if she wasn't famous at all. My brother Dane knew what he was doing when he introduced me to her because I knew instantly I would like her. And I do, I like her more everyday.

"I don't mind anymore. I do hate the comments at times when I am with you, but I'm happy because I'm still with you anyways." she turns to me and gives me a smile. I can't help but lean in and press my lips against hers.

I had not once ever heard her complain about the press and the paparazzi following her everywhere. It bothers me most of the time, but I was glad she was contented with the fact that she was my girlfriend.

The car comes to a halt in front of Jourdan's hotel as I pull away from her. The driver goes over to her side and opens the door for her. She gives me one last peck and hops out, not without looking back at me.

"I'll see you at 8 tomorrow? Some of my stuff are already at the tour bus." she says. I smile and nod at her. I wish her goodnight and the door shuts, the driver getting in once again.

"Back to the tour bus, Mr. Daniels?" the driver asks. I tell him yes as I lean back onto the chairs and watch the images outside begin to blur. We had just finished our last show in Los Angeles. Tomorrow, we head for New York to perform three more shows, which ends our 3rd and final tour of the year. Afterwards, we would have to stay in New York once again to start on the new album.

There was only one thing I loved most in this world. It was my band, The Arizona Suns. When I was younger, my oldest brother Alex got into the bass. I remember the rest of my siblings and I used to watch him everyday practice with admiration in our eyes. We then realized that he was the jump start for us, as if he was our motivation to start a band in the first place. I got into the acoustic guitar, my older sister Rina learned to play piano, our cousin Garrett learned to play guitar, and Dane decided music wasn't his thing. He decided it was much more fun to manage than to actually play with us. Starting a band was difficult for us because we needed to find a drummer. It wasn't until 2 years of starting that we found Elliot Summers, who went to school with Garrett. After he joined, we performed mostly at weddings, school events, and other stuff. We took every opportunity handed to us, and one day, we got discovered. We played a gig for a mall show and it so happened that Miles Gunner, the owner of GUN Records, was at the audience. A record deal, 3 platinum albums and several awards later, the dreams of foolishly ambitious teenagers became a reality.

"Sir, we've arrived our destination." the driver words pull me away from my thoughts. I thank him and hop out of the van, sending him off. I walked towards the parked tour bus at the back of The Troubadour, entering it to reveal Rina and Alex writing new music. They both look up at me when they hear the bus doors open. Alex puts his pencil down as I lean down to kiss Rina's forehead.

"Nate, we seriously need help with the first track you prepared. We can't figure out how we can incorporate Rina's vocals with the melody." he says as he ruffles his hair with his fingers.

"Alex, why bother working on it now? We have three more shows to perform in New York then we have the entire break to work on the album." I sigh as I drop myself on the sofa beside Rina.

"If you're forgetting, we have a deadline for this damn album. It's better that we actually start on it now instead of rushing everything." he says in frustration.

Alex, more than anyone in this world, always puts the band first before any of his self-interests. His actions are always only for the benefit of the band, which worries Rina the most.

"Alex, it's fine. We really can just start on this after the New York shows, we've got plenty of time." Rina says as she gives him a reassuring smile. He gives her a small smile, but deep down I know he won't give it a rest.

"We'll work on it more tomorrow. It's 12 in the morning and we had a tiring show so I'm going to bed. Goodnight guys." Alex says as he moves towards the back of the bus where the bunks are.

Once he entered the bunks, Rina and I look at each other with a knowing look.

"He needs to get laid." I say as she laughs along with me. Once we calm down, Rina shakes her head and sighs.

"No," she sits up and looks at me. "He needs much more than that. He needs find someone to love him as much as we do."

"You and I both know he has and will never get into a serious relationship as long as this band is still going." I say. I sit up to fix the scattered music sheets and put them away on a binder, knowing Alex will appreciate the gesture.

"Still, we need to try." she says, standing up and patting me on the cheek. "Goodnight, Nate."

Deep down I know that he won't let anyone in but as his brother, I hope he does. So for him, I pray for someone to love him, because who in their right mind would sit back and watch someone they care about be completely alone for the rest of their lives?