Chapter 2: Coffee and Cabs

*Sydney’s POV*

“Want a bagel?” Ross asks. I decline, “Don’t want to get full.” He shrugs and orders one. I order my Iced Caramel Macchiato. After we receive it, we head to a table to sit down. We’re a Starbucks. In Time Square,

“We have 15 minutes,” I say to him. We were supposed to go to the pizza place, but Ross decided to go to Starbucks first. Usually, I’d be excited to do this but… well I don’t really have a reason.

“Come on Ross, we need to hurry”

“Alright, I’ll hurry.” He takes a bite of his bagel. “You know, I can’t recall the last time you’ve been like this.”

“Like what?”

“Oh nothing,” he smirks.

“Come on tell me,” I say smiling a little.

“Hmm, I think I won’t.”

“Ross Shor Lynch, I demand you tell me.”

“Okay, okay. I’ll tell you. You’re usually the one who comes up with these ideas. You would be the one to decide we’re going to Starbucks instead of the pizza place.”

“Yeah, I would. But it’s New York. As much as I’d like to go explore the city, it would be best to do what your mom said.”

“I guess so.”

“But we will explore the city before we have to go right?”

“Heck yeah! Now drink your coffee.”

I roll my eyes playfully. “Okay. Oh and we only have 8 minutes left.”

 After we’ve finished our coffee (and Ross finished his bagel), we go back out and head off to Cici’s Pizza. It’s the closest place to get pizza. We get in the taxi cab. “Take us to Cici’s Pizza, please.”

Ross and I are goofing around a little bit in the cab. All of a sudden the taxi cab driver makes a quick turn. It’s the kind of turn that makes a person slide to the other side of a vehicle. I end up in Ross’s lap. We stare into each others eyes. I realize that our hands are touching. I pull back fast. He breaks the eye contact. I move back to my side of the back seat.

For the rest of the way, we sit in awkward silence.