Chapter 1

Walking down the street, trying to get my head together, making a checklist in my head of all I need to do. Event planning can be so stressful, and it doesn’t help when you have a boss like mine. This week was eat, breath and sleep party planning. Thank God the week was almost over.

The company I work for is organizing a huge event for the Chose 180 people and they picked me to be in charge of it. They’ve grown a lot in the last couple of years. What better way to celebrate their growth than making a big event.

“The tables have been rented, the flowers have been ordered, the caterers have been hired, and the decorators are working hard on planning out the venue. All I need is to get the attention piece of the event and a few minor details”. I said as I walked down the street.

My phone went off; it was my boss Mr. Evans.

“Alice! Everything going according to planned?” He didn’t even let me say hello.

“Yes sir! Just a few details to fix and talk to the ice carver to get the centerpiece all set” The centerpiece was an ice sculpture of the Chose 180 compass. I needed to pull everything off without a hitch.

“Better get everything ready you only have two more days to pull it off!” he started talking to someone that entered his office and then spoke to me again “Chose 180 is one of our biggest events this month so there is no room for error. Are you clear Miss Rose?”

“Cristal!” he hung up and I made my way to the nearest coffee shop.

I ordered my coffee and sat at a table. The smell of the coffee and its warmth as it made its way down my throat were so relaxing. As I sat there I pictured the whole event in my head.

When the guests arrive they will come throw the front door and immediately be amazed by the decor. The piece of attention will be the 180 compass ice sculpture. Everything in the room will be white with a few touches of cream and brown to go with the theme of Chose 180. In the seating area there will be cocktails in the right corner, and to the other side there will be the catering. The room will be filled with white tables with neutral colored accents.

 The outside of the venue has a lovely patio. It will be equipped with a dance floor and a DJ because I know these people like to dance. Over the dance floor there will be twinkling lights lighting up the dark sky and there will be a lovely private seating area to the back of the patio, for those people who need a break from the event.

I snapped out of my day dream as I sipped the last of my coffee.

I quickly got up from my seat, grabbed all my papers and headed out of the shop.

As I opened the door I bumped into a tall figure, all my papers fell to the ground.

“Oh my gosh I’m so sorry!” I didn’t even look at him I just knelt to where my papers were “I was a little spaced out” I admitted.

“Don’t worry I should have watched where I was going” he helped me with some of the papers holding one of my folders in his hands.

I looked up and met with his piercing green eyes. I don’t know why but I’ve seen them before and they had me completely frozen.

“I-I have to go!” I said not thanking him for helping me.

I motioned to a cab and it stopped.

“Wait!” I heard him say, but it was too late I had already gotten inside the car.

A/N: I know it's short and not that good but it'll get so much better I promise! hope you like it :) Comment and/or vote please! 

PS. I LOVE his eyes in that picture, they look so brigt!!