Chapter 4 - The Cat

Len's POV

This feeling... It won't leave me. It's like a hunger but no matter how much I eat it won't go away. And whenever it becomes unbearable the cat comes to me. And it looks at me with those huge eyes, I think they are becoming bigger and bigger each time it comes.

And then it says something. It says a lot of things, but the first and last word is always:

PARADICHLOROBENZENE

Last time it said that I should go to Kaito's house. It said that I should take his precious photo album that his mother had left him before she died. It said I should burn it and then show that to Kaito.

And then, the cat finished with 'PARADICHLOROBENZENE" as always.

I did everything it said before. At first, it was easy. Hiding other people's things, putting buckets filled with water on the half-opened doors so it could fall on somebody's head, putting a lot of pepper in their lunch (I like this one)...

Then, the cat demanded to steal their money, make gossips so they would start arguing... This part wasn't easy, but I did it, because the hunger will always disappear when I see their desperate faces.

And it will always return with so much power...

And now, the cat sarted asking for too much. I couldn't stand it anymore, so I decided to stay at my room until the cat stops coming. The hunger became so strong. I felt as if there's a hole in my stomach and it hurts hurts hurts...

But it didn't stop. It continued to come.

I couldn't stand that anymore.

I saw the cat coming through the window. The last drop made the glass overflow.

I ran after the cat. It escapet to the forest and I chased after it. It was incredibly fast. Oh, god, I hated it so much!
Suddenly, we were at the lake. The cat stopped, so did I.

I shouted at it: "Why are you always coming?! Why do you always demand me to do those bad things?!"

I stopped waiting for answer, but it didn't come so I continued with questions: "What is 'paradichlorobenzene'?!"

But it didn't answer my questions. It just stared at me with its big eyes.

And then, for no real reason, I asked:

"What do I sing for?!"

No reaction from the cat.

"Answer me!" I grabbed the cat but it didn't react at all. It just continued to stare, stare, stare...

I've taken it for its neck and put it under the water. I wanted to drown the cat. I just wanted it to disappear.
It didn't fight against me. It just stared at me under the water. I felt so unease for doing this, but it must die!

After a few minutes like that it smiled at me. It was mocking me!

And then it died.

I let its body to float away happy because its over. Its finally over.

And then I heard a voice behind me.